Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Possibly Prego??!!
jainsworth21 posted:
Since September of this year my periods have been off a little they last like 3 days and more lighter than usual more like spotting, Ive had constant headaches,nausea and now its grown to more like i see a certain food or such i wanna throw up,no vomiting just nausea,breast tender, feel a loss of appetite at times, and here lately ive been having small sharp pains in lower stomach, and a milky white discharge,just curious as if theres a possible chance i might be??? Any info would be greatly appreciated
FirstPrevious12NextLast

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Yes, you could be pregnant as some women have light bleeding/spotting in early pregnancy. Have you taken a test?
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

jainsworth21 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
No I have not had a test yet,

I was trying to give it time to see if symptoms got worse or how my periods kept going etc,before i took a test, bc ive had similar symptoms like this before and took a test and it came out negative, but they seem to have grown more this time around than the ones before

diytestkitsdotcom replied to jainsworth21's response:
Hi Jainsworth21,
You really should take a test. It will ease your mind and keep you from getting anxious over it.

You did say, that this has been going on since September, enough time has passed to get an accurate result with a pregnancy test. Get a serum test since it's more accurate than the one that uses urine.

Goodluck!

jainsworth21 replied to diytestkitsdotcom's response:
I went and took a test today and one came out with two lines one line ws dark and one line was light adn the second test just had one dark line, I did some research and most reviews ive seen means that i could be possibly pregnant,but i have a drs appointment in the mprning

hgreenwood7058 replied to jainsworth21's response:
Some tests have different sensitivities even same brand. If it was a blye dye test (where the color of the lines are blue and not red or pink) they will sometimes give you false lines. If they are the red or pink dye ocassionally they will do that but not usually, so it could be accurate but sensing a low hcg. When you go to the doctor I would ask for a hcg quantitative test. This will test the amount of hcg in your blood verses a yes/no. If its super early in pregnancy the yes/no or urine tests don't always catch an early pregnancy because the hcg is still low. The number will give you a pretty good idea. Anything between 5-20 is kind of a grey area where it could go either way. And anything over that they say is okay. Most will have you repeat 2 days after to see if there is a rise. But if its under 5 they generally say its negative.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 4/17/12. Carson Lee born 3/31/12, BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14

jainsworth21 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Well im guessing i didnt let one of the test with just two lines sit long enough it finally turned into a plus and negative so i guess its a positive now??

jainsworth21 replied to jainsworth21's response:
What are the chances of a home pregnancy test turning out positive and a test from dr office being negative? Could it be mixed horomones or to early to tell?

tlkittycat1968 replied to jainsworth21's response:
Possible. Some tests aren't as sensitive as others.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

oh ok, well when i went to the doctor on 11/1 they said they found cyst on my ovaries and my regnancy test was negative, and well my symptoms seem to be getting worse and so i took another test at home yesterday and it came out positive, so now wondering do i go back to the dr or wait another week or so? or could it be the cyst and horomones,

lovebird79 replied to jainsworth21's response:
I'd take another test today.
If that one comes out positive as well, then go back to the doctor's.
I don't know if it happens to everyone, but I know at least some women get cysts on the ovary that released the fertilized egg and it produces hormones to the egg in the first few weeks of pregnancy until the placenta gets started. I got some aching from it on the side.

Congrats

hgreenwood7058 replied to jainsworth21's response:
It was likely to early for them to see the pregnancy. Its common to have a cyst on your ovary in early pregnancy because of releasing the egg according to my OB. I had a cyst on my left ovary. I knew before the u/s because I had pain and I have PCOS. Sometimes home pregnancy tests are more sensitive then the ones at the drs office. If it came out positive again. I would call the doctor and have a blood test done instead of a urine test. Ask for the quantitative instead of the qualitative. This will give you a number instead of just a yes/no. If your really early in pregnancy it will still show up.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 4/17/12. Carson Lee born 3/31/12, BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14

jainsworth21 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
OK so im confused,i had hpt positive,and then blood work come back negative,so what could this possibly mean?

jainsworth21 replied to lovebird79's response:
and still no period

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have 1 19 yr old step daughter, 1 18 yr old daughter, 1 15 yr old son, 1 13 yr old daughter and one 10 yr old son. To say we have a busy household w...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.