Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Had sex a week before I got my IUD inserted on 9/26/13
kambriraye posted:
i've been spotting ever since I've had it in, could I be pregnant my doctor ordered a pregnancy test today don't get the results back til tomorrow but im freaking out?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Well, and IUD is supposed to prevent the implantation of a fertlized egg and since it takes 6-10 days for a fertilized egg to make it to the uterus, chances are pretty slim.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

Mweaver93 responded:
I have an Iud No matter what your doctor should have done a pregnancy test . if your pregnant it could possible be a tubil but most likey is pretty slim... but ive got pregnant on my IUD and ahd a m/c..
Hayden - 11/11/12 2:06am Est 6Lbs 11oz

tlkittycat1968 replied to Mweaver93's response:
Even if her doctor would have done a pregnancy test, it would have been too soon for it to be accurate. It takes 6-10 days for a fertilized egg to implant and another few days for there to be enough of the pregnancy hormone to register on a pregnancy test.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

lovebird79 responded:
I had some spotting for a bit after I had mine inserted.
It's pretty normal. Cramping afterwards is pretty normal as well.

I agree with tlkittycat1968 - chances are you are not pregnant.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been married to my best friend since Oct. 2009. We have 5 rescue dogs whom we love very much. We decided to start trying for a family in Jan....More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.