Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Had sex a week before I got my IUD inserted on 9/26/13
kambriraye posted:
i've been spotting ever since I've had it in, could I be pregnant my doctor ordered a pregnancy test today don't get the results back til tomorrow but im freaking out?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Well, and IUD is supposed to prevent the implantation of a fertlized egg and since it takes 6-10 days for a fertilized egg to make it to the uterus, chances are pretty slim.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

Mweaver93 responded:
I have an Iud No matter what your doctor should have done a pregnancy test . if your pregnant it could possible be a tubil but most likey is pretty slim... but ive got pregnant on my IUD and ahd a m/c..
Hayden - 11/11/12 2:06am Est 6Lbs 11oz

tlkittycat1968 replied to Mweaver93's response:
Even if her doctor would have done a pregnancy test, it would have been too soon for it to be accurate. It takes 6-10 days for a fertilized egg to implant and another few days for there to be enough of the pregnancy hormone to register on a pregnancy test.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

lovebird79 responded:
I had some spotting for a bit after I had mine inserted.
It's pretty normal. Cramping afterwards is pretty normal as well.

I agree with tlkittycat1968 - chances are you are not pregnant.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been here at WebMD since 2007, but I've been involved in social media and moderated communities online since 1994, so you know I just lo...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful