Am I pregnant?
An_254234 posted:
I am currently on birth control. I missed about twice in September, but then took two the next day. We had it unprotected on sep 27 (the first day of my sep period was sep 10). My period came 5 days late in October and it was lighter than normal. I haven't felt nauseous and I took a dollar store test 4 weeks after sep 27 which came out negative. However my breasts have been tender and I have had odd random cramps all over my body( not just stomach). Other than that not much else has changed. Am I pregnant perhaps?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
If you're on birth control, you did not have unprotected sex. Lighter periods is one effect of birth control so that's common. If a pregnancy text four weeks after you had sex was negative, chances are you aren't pregnant.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

lovebird79 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I have to disagree with this... "unprotected" sex means you were not protecting yourself from STDs - but maybe it's a generational thing.

But, I do agree that you probably aren't pregnant. Since you were on a form of birth control, the chances are slim.

Plus, the cramps all over your body is not really typical pregnancy symptom (as far as I know).

I think you should wait to see if you get your next period - and if the overall cramping continues, go see your doctor - something else could be going on.

hgreenwood7058 replied to lovebird79's response:
When tittycat1968 is stating protectection as with all birth control it means protecting against pregnancy not STD's so yes. It is protected. You are likely not pregnant as you took the pills the next day and you had your period. And you have taken several pregnancy tests since then. The random cramping could be a virus you got not related to this. With birth control you can have months where you bleed lighter than normal. And tender breasts is a common side effect with and without birth control because our bodies are hormonal.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 4/17/12. Carson Lee born 3/31/12, BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14