Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is this possible?
thusjay posted:
Hey i was wondering if someone can please help me. I'm very concerned. My girlfriend and I had protected sex 5 days (Oct 29) after her period. Her period was from oct 21-24 and her periods aren't that regular they are roughly between 24-28 day intervals. we also had sex a second time 2 days after the first day. She told me (on Nov 2nd she had a spotting of red blood). Then the following days she had cramping in her middle lower abdomen. The cramps would actually last all almost all day. Its November 8th now and she still has cramps pretty consistently. I'm just worried that she might be pregnant. The timing just doesn't seem to make sense cause I've read online that implantation usually occurs around 6-12 days after ovulation. I just need some answers. Please and thank you....

-A concerned boyfriend

georgiagail responded:
You two had protected sex and, if the condom was used accurately and did not break or tear, pregnancy is not possible.

Gail

thusjay replied to georgiagail's response:
The condom did not break or tear i checked after we were done. I'm just not sure what it could be. Do you have any idea what it could be?

intodarkness responded:
she could have a cyst on her ovaries. could have burts should check with the doctor

lovebird79 responded:
cramping is not a sure-fire sign of pregnancy.
Yes, it does happen, but so many other things can cause cramping.

If she is concerned about the cramping, I would recommend going to her doctor.

If not, than I'd wait to see if she misses her next period and do a home pregnancy test.

Though it is possible to get pregnant when using a condom (there could be tiny tears not visible to the eye or some could come out of the top of the condom), it's very unlikely.

Spotlight: Member Stories

ok, im on the implanon bc. on may 3 2011 i had a baby. ever since then my periods start between the 13-15 of every month. last month around the14th i ...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful