Skip to content

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page:

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at

should have started dec11th.
    jenica1432 posted:
    ergh this is so fustrating. i am so late neg test. lots of ewcm closed cervix. yet the test keep saying neg...
    has anyone got a positive test a week or more late for their period?
    tlkittycat1968 responded:
    You may have not ovulated and usually no ovulation means no period. It's common and will happen to most women at least once, sometimes more, during their reproductive years.

If you miss a second period and are still getting negative tests, see your doctor.
    Proud mommy to PJ (6)
    lovebird79 responded:
    It is possible to be pregnant and your body not have enough hormones built up yet to register on a test.

The pink dye tests tend to be most sensitive.
    If you are worried, than you can always contact your doctor.

Otherwise, I'd say wait another week to test.

I've had periods be almost two weeks late - made me think I was pregnant but nope... just late.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 28 and got my tubes tied 3 years ago. Every now and then I get pregnancy symptoms. Sore breasts and very tired usually. So I'll be on here...More

Helpful Tips

Just curious.
    Hello, this is my first post on here. I'm really just wondering what your thoughts are on this. My DH and I are currently TTC, I have a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.