Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can't tell if its a possibility ...
An_255208 posted:
Okay ... It's been 39 days since my last period. It kind of buggin me out. I'm bloated all the time and it feels like its heavier in the lower part of my stomach. I have a few cramps or stomach pains if you will. Lol and my number "2's" hasn't exactly been normal. (Ikr TMI?). I get headaches alot before hand but lately its been different and more intense. Been feeling a bit light headed and very few spells of nausea. Idk if its my head playing tricks on body because I didnt start getting sypmtoms like this untill I noticed I was getting late aside from the bloating. I dont have normal periods but its still not normal for me to go this long either. The main thing I have noticed is the bloating, That stick out the most. Cuz it dont go away (for many days and still continues) and just seems more pressure on the lower part of my stomach.
However, today I have none of these sypmtoms but the bloating but that seems to be less than usual as well. Im confused and idk what to think if I am or not .. btw pregancy text came up neg. :l and still no period yet. Doctors app. later on today .. but wanted to get thoughts on others just in case it did come up neg as well .. Yes im very anxious to find out lol

lovebird79 responded:
I didn't start noticing symptoms until I was 6 weeks along and even then they were mild. Some women it just takes longer for the hormones to kick in.

You may also just have missed ovulation which can also cause a skipped period.

I'm glad you have a doctors appointment today - this can help you determine what the issue is.

Good luck!

An_255208 replied to lovebird79's response:
Well... went to my doc. app. and the woman was giving me dirty looks all the way through. She gave me my pregancy test and she said it's a neg. Then she said assume your not pregnant and basically have a nice day ... nothing more :l

Well to be honest I after that I was so upset I didnt think nothing much of it for the rest of the day. Went to work and etc.. early this morning I thought I might have recieved my period. So I went to the restroom and well... TMI maybe but I guess it was vaginal discharge .. not 100% since if I was preggers then this would be my first.

It seemed .. as gross as this might sound like I guess Eagle brand sweet milk but not that as thick. The best way I can discribe it sorry lol. Can this happen with a missed ovulation as well or ???. Im lost. Btw, 41 days now no period still. Yes I am counting down lol

It sucks to wait and find out because my bf lives 12hrs away and recently made plans for me to move up this april but now if I am he's coming to me. April seems awhile but not that far away so we are at a stand still on our plans because we dont know which way is up or down. So this is really starting to bug me .. advice please im at a lost?!

lovebird79 replied to An_255208's response:
Yikes!
First, I'd find a new doctor. Your doctor should always be very understanding of your concerns, whether they think you are acting crazy or not.

Second, as far as the discharge, since you are now 41 days late, it could be what you get prior to getting your period (it seems you completely missed one so you should now be counting how late you would be on your second missed period) OR it could be pregnancy related.

My advice would be, ask a good friend or family member for a reference to a good Gynecologist - not a general practitioner - and go to them. Explain your situation and let them know that you are fine if you aren't pregnant, but if you aren't, than you want to know why you have now missed two periods.

As for your boyfriend, I'd continue with plans as usual. You still have a few months to figure this out and even if you end up pregnant at the last minute, moving shouldn't be a big issue - just be careful not to strain any muscles.

I'm sorry you have to go through this... it's gotta be so frustrating!

tlkittycat1968 replied to lovebird79's response:
Moving should definitely not be a problem if you're pregnant. My parents moved into their house when my mom was 8 or 8 1/2 months pregnant with me. I was born about a week early but we don't know if that was due to the moving or if I was going to come then anyway.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

jenica1432 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
SO LONG AS YOUR NOT LIFTING HEAVY STUFF MOVING ISNT A PROBLEM, IF YOU LIFT HEAVY STUFF IT COULD CAUSE THE PLACENTA TO TEAR AWAY FROM THE WALL, BEEN THERE DONE THAT. AS FOR YOUR LATE PERIOD, I WOULD SAY IT IS PROBABLY DUE TO HORMONE INBALANCE AND THAT YOU SHOULD SEE A NEW GYNO RIGHT AWAY TO GET IT FIXED. I WAS PUT ON BC LAST MONTH FOR THE EXACT SAME THING, HAD TO TAKE IT FOR 14 DYAS AND NOW I AM ALL GOOD AND TRYING AGAIN. GL TO YOU AND I HOPE YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT.

lovebird79 replied to jenica1432's response:
The placenta getting torn from the wall is not really a concern until the third trimester. The placenta isn't even fully formed until the end of the first trimester.

My OB told me that the main concern when it comes to lifting heavy items is that you have a hormone called relaxin that causes your muscles and ligaments to relax. This makes you more vulnerable to injuries.

As long as you are smart with your lifting and take your time, then there is no weight limit, especially in the first trimester.

fullofquestions replied to lovebird79's response:
Well, come to find out im not ... I think it was a missed ovulation. I am going to the doctors this week again to get my BC removed and going to be put on regular old BC.

Thanks for the advice though .. my boyfriend and I our going with our plans as before. The main reason it would have messed up our plans is that I wouldnt be able to move because of health insurance and etc. Right now I am at a better spot and a good job and it would stupid to give it up if I was at the moment. Because I would have it made if I was where I am at now so he would have moved here instead.

Its bitter sweet I guess you can say that I am not. We were not trying to have a little one just yet because I want to get settled up there with him before hand and even at that wasnt on our radar at all. Now, all this has happened he said and we agreed upon ..... practicing lol .. im very excited lmao. Hopefully not to long we get settled *crosses my fingers* I can look forward to hearing lil feet running across the room

Spotlight: Member Stories

28 year old currently pregnant with baby #1!!! Tried to conceive for 3 years in a past relationship with no luck. Met my current husband and was pregn...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.