Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
is it too early to have pregnancy symptoms?
gladys2000 posted:
I ovulated on friday. we had sex on monday, thursday and friday. Starting saturday i have been having cramps. Saturday they were pretty bad, i had to lay down and take a nap. I also feel nausus. My breast are tingling, but they dont hurt. can these be early pregnancy signs, or a my just reading too much into it because i want it so bad?

lovebird79 responded:
It's definitely too early to have pregnancy symptoms. It takes 6-10 days for the egg to implant into the uterus and typically a few days longer than that to build up enough of the pregnancy hormone to show symptoms.

When my husband and I were starting to try for a baby, I definitely started to notice things about my body I hadn't before and was convinced it was signs of pregnancy.

My advice to you - eventhough it's hard - expect 12 periods before you get a positive (this was told to me by my doctor) and wait until you have at least missed your period to test - otherwise you can easily drive yourself bonkers.

I did the OPKs and tested daily starting 6 days prior to my expected period and was so tired of being disappointed after 6 months - then the 7th month I said "screw it" and decided to just relax and enjoy the act of trying with my husband. I waited to test until I was almost 2 weeks late and BAM! I was pregnant.

Good luck to you and I hope you get your little angel soon

gladys2000 replied to lovebird79's response:
Thanks for your feedback. I have been having pretty bad cramps since saturday. they are not going away. this morning i had to stop my work out cause the cramps were pretty bad. should i be worried? could i possibly have a cyst or something?

lovebird79 replied to gladys2000's response:
I wouldn't worry too much. Unless they are super severe, I'd just recommend taking it easy - don't take any super hot showers or baths.

It could be your aunt flow or it could be implantation - this can sometimes cause cramping.

Maybe do a lighter workout until you know if Aunt flo is going to visit or not.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been married for a year now. My husband is wonderful guy. We want to wait just a little longer for kids, but if it happens, it happens.

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.