Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
is it too early to have pregnancy symptoms?
gladys2000 posted:
I ovulated on friday. we had sex on monday, thursday and friday. Starting saturday i have been having cramps. Saturday they were pretty bad, i had to lay down and take a nap. I also feel nausus. My breast are tingling, but they dont hurt. can these be early pregnancy signs, or a my just reading too much into it because i want it so bad?

lovebird79 responded:
It's definitely too early to have pregnancy symptoms. It takes 6-10 days for the egg to implant into the uterus and typically a few days longer than that to build up enough of the pregnancy hormone to show symptoms.

When my husband and I were starting to try for a baby, I definitely started to notice things about my body I hadn't before and was convinced it was signs of pregnancy.

My advice to you - eventhough it's hard - expect 12 periods before you get a positive (this was told to me by my doctor) and wait until you have at least missed your period to test - otherwise you can easily drive yourself bonkers.

I did the OPKs and tested daily starting 6 days prior to my expected period and was so tired of being disappointed after 6 months - then the 7th month I said "screw it" and decided to just relax and enjoy the act of trying with my husband. I waited to test until I was almost 2 weeks late and BAM! I was pregnant.

Good luck to you and I hope you get your little angel soon

gladys2000 replied to lovebird79's response:
Thanks for your feedback. I have been having pretty bad cramps since saturday. they are not going away. this morning i had to stop my work out cause the cramps were pretty bad. should i be worried? could i possibly have a cyst or something?

lovebird79 replied to gladys2000's response:
I wouldn't worry too much. Unless they are super severe, I'd just recommend taking it easy - don't take any super hot showers or baths.

It could be your aunt flow or it could be implantation - this can sometimes cause cramping.

Maybe do a lighter workout until you know if Aunt flo is going to visit or not.

Spotlight: Member Stories

sorry it took me so long. but to those who were wondering about what i had done as far as taking a test. well i was positive twice and so i have seen ...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful