Skip to content
Help me out?
moomoo2 posted:
My hubby and I are trying to conceive. I've been off of BC since August (was on it for just under a year) and still nothing! I'm 22, my husband is 26. Both of us are healthy, there's been no previous children or miscarriages.
I just got the My Days app and we had sex 3/5 fertile days including when I was supposed to be ovulating. According to the app my next period is due the 5th. My question is this... should I see a doctor? Everyone else seems to get pregnant so quick. And what are the chances of being pregnant now? So stressed and sad...

gladys2000 responded:
dont stress, that wont help at all. the average time it takes to get pregnant is 1 year. see a doct if its over a year.

lovebird79 responded:
Oh no... don't be sad!
You've only been trying for 5 months... I tried for 7 months before getting a positive... my friend tried for 9 months.

Also, stress can actually have a negative effect on your fertility, so, though it's hard, try not to stress.

My doctor told me this: Expect to get 12 periods before you get a positive. 70% of healthy couples get pregnant within a year of trying.

I drove myself crazy for 6 months with tracking, and apps, and testing, etc.

My advice: Take one month/cycle off of the tracking/apps. Continue being healthy and taking prenatals (if you aren't, then get on some - Flinstone vitamins were recommended by my OB) - BUT be more spontaneous all month long (not just when you are ovulating).

Also, do something for yourself - Pregnancy is amazing but can also be a challenge, so pamper yourself this month and just try not to think about it.

Then - when it's time to get your period, do not test until you are two weeks late - make that a goal.
When I was stressing those six months, I had several late periods because of the stress and was super disappointed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been here at WebMD since 2007, but I've been involved in social media and moderated communities online since 1994, so you know I just lo...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 136 found this helpful