Skip to content
Help me out?
moomoo2 posted:
My hubby and I are trying to conceive. I've been off of BC since August (was on it for just under a year) and still nothing! I'm 22, my husband is 26. Both of us are healthy, there's been no previous children or miscarriages.
I just got the My Days app and we had sex 3/5 fertile days including when I was supposed to be ovulating. According to the app my next period is due the 5th. My question is this... should I see a doctor? Everyone else seems to get pregnant so quick. And what are the chances of being pregnant now? So stressed and sad...

gladys2000 responded:
dont stress, that wont help at all. the average time it takes to get pregnant is 1 year. see a doct if its over a year.

lovebird79 responded:
Oh no... don't be sad!
You've only been trying for 5 months... I tried for 7 months before getting a positive... my friend tried for 9 months.

Also, stress can actually have a negative effect on your fertility, so, though it's hard, try not to stress.

My doctor told me this: Expect to get 12 periods before you get a positive. 70% of healthy couples get pregnant within a year of trying.

I drove myself crazy for 6 months with tracking, and apps, and testing, etc.

My advice: Take one month/cycle off of the tracking/apps. Continue being healthy and taking prenatals (if you aren't, then get on some - Flinstone vitamins were recommended by my OB) - BUT be more spontaneous all month long (not just when you are ovulating).

Also, do something for yourself - Pregnancy is amazing but can also be a challenge, so pamper yourself this month and just try not to think about it.

Then - when it's time to get your period, do not test until you are two weeks late - make that a goal.
When I was stressing those six months, I had several late periods because of the stress and was super disappointed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Fiancee and I have been together since 2003..we have a reconstructed family. A little bit of his (DD Rinoa, 9) and a little bit of mine (DD Emily, 10 ...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.