Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Waiting!....
tlc24 posted:
Hi guys... I am new to this site, but I needed some support! I too am in the waiting game! I am so freakin excited to be a mom! I have always just wanted to be a mom! Me and my husband have been trying now for 4 months, I have been disappointed in the past, but this time I think its the real deal, but am not sure. I am supposed to start my period on saturday! I really want to take a test then! But I can't keep myself from thinking about it all the time! I want to take a test now! do you think its to early!! AH!

gladys2000 responded:
You can test now. I tested 5 days before my period was due and came back positive
Best of luck

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Personally, I'd wait until at least Saturday to see if your period comes.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

lovebird79 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I agree with tlkittycat1968.

You can test now, but it will be more accurate if you wait for your missed period.

Good luck!

tlc24 replied to lovebird79's response:
Ok, I should probably wait hu... so I am not too disappointed! What brands do you guys use that you've liked the best. I've done just the dollar store preg tests before, but this time I got like the equate version of one of the nicer brands. But I don't know if that really makes a difference? Thanks guys!

lovebird79 replied to tlc24's response:
I found the first response pink lined tests to be more sensitive. But, if you wait long enough, then it shouldn't make much of a difference.

tlc24 replied to lovebird79's response:
ok great! good to know! Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Im a 34 year old mother of 2 loving sons. My oldest was born by C-Section due to distress and my Youngest was born Naturally. I've had 2 mi...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.