Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
SEX ED IN SCHOOL
jenica1432 posted:
SERIOUSLY ARE THEY NOT TEACHING THESE GIRLS SEX ED ANYMORE, I SEE SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT HE CAME IN MY MOUTH COULD I BE PREGNANT, OR HE PULLED OUT COULD I BE PREGNANT... I HAVE 3 BOYS AND THEY HAD SEX ED AND I ALSO GAVE THEM THE BIRDS AND THE BEES TALK. MY OLDEST IS 16 HE ACTUALLY CAME TO ME AND ASKED FOR CONDOMS, I WENT AND GOT THEM AND HIS DAD GOT P O. REALLY CAUSE HE ISNT GOING TO DO IT UNLESS YOU SAY IT IS ALRIGHT. DUMMY. THESE KIDS ARE GOING TO HAVE SEX THATS A GIVEN, IT IS UP TO US AS THE PARTENTS AND THE EDUCATORS TO EDUCATE THEM ON THE PROPER PROTECTION AND OF COURSE ALL OF THE WAYS OF GETTING PREGNANT. .......... AND THATS MY TWO CENTS. LOL

tlkittycat1968 responded:
A lot of schools figure it's the parents' job and the parents feel it's the school's job. That and a lot of families are not that open when it comes to talking about the "birds and the bees." Also, schools have to teach a lot nowadays and may not have time to cover the "birds and the bees".
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

lovebird79 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I agree with tlkittycat1968 - but also there are a lot of families out there that aren't blessed with attentive parents. Several teenagers have to figure out life on their own because their parents just aren't there for them - and it's not just low income families anymore.

tlkittycat1968 replied to lovebird79's response:
Exactly. I read an older Dear Abby where the mom took her daughter for birth control when she found out she had an STD and that was the end of any discussion.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy and I'm married with 2 kids: A boy (PJ) and girl (Kylee). I also have 4 step-children by my husband but they are older (youngest ...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.