Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can you get pregnant while on your period?
An_255391 posted:
So me and my fiancé just got engaged and we had sex while I was on my period and I'm not use to getting periods because I've been on birth control for about 3 years now non-stop and so one of my other medications I am taking increases my birth control so I ran out of that and so I got my period well I don't really have a regular cycle because I've been on the pill so long so I was wondering 1. Can a woman get pregnant while she is on her period? 2. So lately I have been having the weirdest cravings and my breasts have been sore and I have been having major pains in my lower back and my legs so also with that me and my fiancé had sex about a month or 2 ago and then I started getting these symptoms and I looked some of them up and I've been having some of them. 3. My fiancé was about a 9 lb baby and I am wondering if I do or am pregnant will my baby be about that size? 4. How soon can I take a pregnancy test after I have sex

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Yes, you can get pregnant while on your period. However, your symptoms may be attributed to hormone fluctuations after going off birth control.

How big were you when you were born?

You can take a test two weeks after having sex.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi i am 25 and my husband 35. we got marry 23 november 2010. switched birth controls the 1st week of December and my husband and I have had unprotecte...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful