Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Am I pregnant, or just ill?
florriegirl posted:
I feel stupid asking this because the logical part of my mind tells me that it's highly unlikely that I'm pregnant, but the panicky part refuses to listen.

I'm 16 years old, and have had sex with my boyfriend a few times, all times using a condom. He ejaculated inside once, but the rest he didn't cum. Is there any chance of pregnancy from left over sperm while fingering, or anything like that?

The reason I have this concern to begin with is that I have been amazingly tired recently- getting he from school and just collapsing on the sofa. I'm normally lazy, but this is something a lot more extreme for me. I have also been having horrible back pains, and a fever and nausea. My period is a couple of days late so far, and if I'm not pregnant, does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Also some websites have really sarcastic jokey responses, and I know the question might sound stupid to some but I am genuinely concerned so I'll appreciate people who give a helpful response.

Thanks!

lovebird79 responded:
A fever generally is more of a sign of an illness - virus or infection - than pregnancy. Pregnancy does increase your temp, but not by very much. Illness can also cause your period to be late.

Also, at your young age, your cycle can get weird every now and then.

I recommend you go to see a doctor. And get some rest - you probably have the flu or something.

Side note: It's great you are using a condom... keep it up. But, to be on the safe side, you might also want to consider getting on birth control. Condoms do break sometimes and it's good to have that safety net to prevent pregnancy.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name's Brittany, my boyfriend and I are highschool sweethearts, just celebrated our 8 year anniversary, and we have a 2 1/2 (April 3, 2008) yea...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.