Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wondering if I could be testing to early or something else?
An_255836 posted:
I have a 28 day cycle and my menstrual cycle is very regular. I had some light pink/brownish spotting about 6 days after I should have ovulated, I have been nauseated, frequent headaches, heart burn, very tired, nosebleeds, some slight discomfort in my pelvic area and little to no appetite. I took a hmp the day of my missed period and got a negative result and waited 3 days and took another one with the same result. Now I am 10 days late, have no signs of starting but am still experiencing all the above symptoms, and this mornings test was again negative. Could I be missing my period due to another reason?

lovebird79 responded:
Yes - you could definitely be missing your period because of other reasons. Your period could be normal for 20 years and then be missed for some unknown reason - stress, change in exercise/diet, hormones, etc.

If you miss a second period, try testing again - but even if that comes out negative, you should go to the doctor to make sure something else isn't going on.

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been married for a year now. My husband is wonderful guy. We want to wait just a little longer for kids, but if it happens, it happens.

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.