Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Could it be pregnancy or something else?
harleyquinn47 posted:
It's been about a month and a half since I last was sexually active. I am on birth control, take it regularly the way you're supposed to, and we did use a condom. I didn't miss my last period, which came around the same time it usually does. I also tend to have very heavy periods, and that one was just as heavy as my other ones have been in the past. But....my breasts have been really tender, I've kind of been nauseous at times (I have to get up at 6 am for work some mornings, and that's been really difficult), and my upper abdomen at times has felt harder than I would think it should be. Not my lower abdomen, just my upper. I realize that could just be gas, though. I don't know, I just have this feeling that something's off you know? I want to find out, but at the same time I really don't want to know. Should I go to the doctor's and take a test or am I just freaking myself out over nothing?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I'd say you're freaking out over nothing. You haven't missed any of your birth control, used a condom last time you had sex and had a normal period.

I think it's just hormones.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

mariajohnson responded:
Yeah I think its normal. And sometimes your breast become tender and pain also during periods. And you said you are taking pills and have used condoms so just relax.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married mother of four who just gotten her tubs tied (well actually my doc says he burnt them) , but upon have my return visit with him he tell me , &...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.