Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Could it be pregnancy or something else?
    harleyquinn47 posted:
    It's been about a month and a half since I last was sexually active. I am on birth control, take it regularly the way you're supposed to, and we did use a condom. I didn't miss my last period, which came around the same time it usually does. I also tend to have very heavy periods, and that one was just as heavy as my other ones have been in the past. But....my breasts have been really tender, I've kind of been nauseous at times (I have to get up at 6 am for work some mornings, and that's been really difficult), and my upper abdomen at times has felt harder than I would think it should be. Not my lower abdomen, just my upper. I realize that could just be gas, though. I don't know, I just have this feeling that something's off you know? I want to find out, but at the same time I really don't want to know. Should I go to the doctor's and take a test or am I just freaking myself out over nothing?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
    I'd say you're freaking out over nothing. You haven't missed any of your birth control, used a condom last time you had sex and had a normal period.

I think it's just hormones.
    Proud mommy to PJ (6)

mariajohnson responded:
    Yeah I think its normal. And sometimes your breast become tender and pain also during periods. And you said you are taking pills and have used condoms so just relax.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is kaylee im 22 married to DH 24 we have ds 2 (06/03/2010) we are currently trying to get pregnant again but after having a misscarriage in ja...More

Helpful Tips

Just curious.
    Hello, this is my first post on here. I'm really just wondering what your thoughts are on this. My DH and I are currently TTC, I have a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.