Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Last one was early, so...?
An_256536 posted:
My last period was 4 days early, not common for me. So I had expected to start 28 days from then, yesterday, but nothing so far. I also usually have brown minor spotting for a couple days leading up to my period. I haven't had any of that.
My husband and I haven't been "trying", but we aren't taking any precautions not to since we would be happy if it happened.
We did have sex around the time I would have ovulated according to the first day of the early period.
About a week ago I had some minor cramping, and I remember thinking, "Oh, great, I'm going to start early again," but nothing.
Now my question is, since I was early last time, should I give it until I would have started if I had remained on schedule? Should I even be concerning myself with the possibility of pregnancy and taking a test yet?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I would wait until your period is at least week late before testing.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

lovebird79 responded:
When my husband and I were trying to conceive, I noticed that my cycle actually got a little off. I'm usually 33-35 days and I had one cycle that was 42 days followed by a 28 day cycle.

If I were you I'd wait until your period is a few days late based on if you got your period when you expected to last month.

Waiting a week to test is also a good idea - some women take time to build up the pregnancy hormone enough to show on a home pregnancy test.

Good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

28 year old currently pregnant with baby #1!!! Tried to conceive for 3 years in a past relationship with no luck. Met my current husband and was pregn...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.