Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
test or not?
koebcke28 posted:
In need of advice. I had my mirena removed 3-6-14. Was told I should get a period 4-5 days after. Start bleeding 3-8-14 stopped the next day an then spotted the day after then nothing. Started tracking my ovulation from the time I started bleeding. I should of had a period today but nothing. Before my mirena my cycle was always accurate. Even on the mirena I could tell when I would have a period wether I bled or not. Not sure when I should test or just wait? I have had light cramping, breast tenderness, bloating, an have felt drained and very Moody for two weeks now. Last night I felt I would start today because I usually feel miserable the day before and the day of my period but nothing today?

mariajohnson responded:
Mirena messes with your body, so it may take a while for your body to adjust itself back to normal. You should contact your doctor if you do not get period in few days.

koebcke28 replied to mariajohnson's response:
Well took a pregnancy test this morning came up positive instantly. Going to take a couple more to make sure

tlkittycat1968 replied to koebcke28's response:
I hope this is good news and if it is, congratulations.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

koebcke28 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Took 3 pregnancy tests all positive calling the doctor today to set up an appointment.

lovebird79 replied to koebcke28's response:
Congratulations I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amber and I have been trying for my first baby for a while now.. I am about to turn twenty and me and my Husband want to start our family w...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.