Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cramping and Light spotting
chemchick1030 posted:
So we are in our second month of ttc and since Thursday the 10th I have been cramping and feeling heavy like I was going to start my period but nothing. Just this morning I noticed a little brown and pink when I wiped and my cramps have amped up a little bit. I'm currently two days late on a 26 day cycle. LMP was on March 16th. Took a preg test Friday afternoon and Saturday morning and so far neg. How likely are my odds? What do I do now? I'm hating not knowing.

lovebird79 responded:
Each month you have about a 20% chance of conceiving.

You could be just late or you could be pregnant.

Some women take longer to build up the pregnancy hormone.
I recommend you wait until you are 7 days late and re-test.

If you are pregnant, you are lucky Most people it takes 6-12 months.

Good luck!

chemchick1030 replied to lovebird79's response:
Well I ended up having severe cramps and started bleeding on and off Sunday.. I have had ovarian cysts before and that was the same pain. Called my doctor and the nurse spoke with me about what was happening. She wants me to test again in a few days since I was only 2 days late when I have the cyst rupture. If this was a period it was very very different and light.... so not really sure what's happening. I could be pregnant and just bleeding early especially from the cyst or having a very weird period. Not really sure... I'll find out soon though. Oh and late Sunday I was changing my pad and the blood was almost black!! That ever happen to anyone???

Spotlight: Member Stories

Have been on a 28 day cycle for a long while now (every since I could remember). Should have started on 4/5 but as of today, I still have not had my p...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.