Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Could I be preganant
shelananichole posted:
I am currently 9 days late and I normally start like clockwork. I am not feeling myself so I went and bought a 2 pack ept and they were both negative. I called my physicians office and was told to come in and have a blood test done because sometimes it wont show on a urine test. Is that true? Could I still be pregnant? I assumed with me being so late on my period that it would show on a urine test, but since it hasn't I'm really starting to think there is something seriously wrong.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
That's true. Some women, for whatever reason, don't show on home pregnancy tests and have to have a blood test to confirm pregnancy. It's nothing serious.

There is also the possibility that you didn't ovulate and no ovulation usually means no period. It's common and will happen to most women at least once during their reproductive years. Just because it's never happened to you before doesn't mean it can't/won't.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

shelananichole replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Thanks, I think I'm going to call and make an appointment with my doctor to get checked out. If I'm not pregnant I think there may be something more serious going on because I have a distinct protrusion in my abdomen which I hope is me showing early which I did with my last pregnancy. I was wearing my maternity pants at 7 weeks with my last pregnancy because of the abdominal swelling, but I also have a history of ovarian cyst which caused me lose my right ovary and tube.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been married for a year now. My husband is wonderful guy. We want to wait just a little longer for kids, but if it happens, it happens.

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.