Skip to content
Help: Day 34, no period so far and no symptoms of period either, First Response show (-)?
jj510 posted:
Hello,
Today marks the day 34 since my gf's last period. So far she have not received her period and she said she doesn't feel any signs of period either. Typically she would feel swollen breast a week before, but not this time. We did a First Response on Day 29 (7/24) before she left for a business trip which showed negative. Historically, her period have been quite irregular due to stress at work. Last month was 33 days, and before that was 31, and before that was 29. Again, she typically get symptom such as swollen breast, but not this time around. Also, this month has been a busy/stressful month for her. She's been working long hours and a lot of changes at work. I'm not sure if this contributes anything, or why it would contributes to this long delay.
We had protected intercourse around the 18th of July or the 19th (always use condom!), I always pull out before I feel Im about to ejaculate. We played around in the shower but did not go in sometimes around that time frame. Even so, it 'should' be outside of her ovulation period (yes I know it would also be late as well).
Is she pregnant? We plan to take a test when she comes back, and schedule a time with OBGYN, but for now I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do, or should I be concern?
Thanks in advance.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Stress can cause a delay in ovulation which in turn will cause her period to be late.

It's also common to skip a period and not be pregnant. No reason for this happening.

If the second test is also negative, it would be safe to say she isn't pregnant. If she misses a second period and is still getting negative tests, she needs to see her doctor to find out what is going on.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

jj510 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Appreciated for the response tlkittycat1968!

Is it normal to not have any symptoms of period?

tlkittycat1968 replied to jj510's response:
Yes. If your GF is just skipping a period, there will be no symtpoms until it's time for her next period.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

jj510 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Hi.. Today is day 35 still nothing.

I am beginning to worry. I talked to her on the phone and she never missed a period before. I'm worry primarily because she's on business trip and i want to make sure things are done right.

tlkittycat1968 replied to jj510's response:
Just because she's never missed a period before doesn't mean she won't ever miss one. It happens.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mom to three children. Kahlan 11 Jodan 9 and Mikeal 5. My hubby was fixed June 2005. Even though chances are low the last little while my body is acti...More

Helpful Tips

(((KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF DURING YOUR PREGNANCY)))
Wouldn't It be great to go through out your pregnancy without adding those unwanted pounds? Well now you can, and I advise you to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.