Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can i be pregnant..im 40yrs old so im getting nervous
resee1974 posted:
me and my husband has had sex a lot in the last 4 or 5 months..no protection but I had my tubes tied over 10yrs ago..i got my period in may but not in june and then in july I had very light spotting, like a brown color that didn't last very long. my breast have become fuller.my husband says they feel a lot more fuller now then they do before I start.they are getting tender..small doses of sick to my stomach, not real bad yet.bloated feeling in my stomach..light cramps in lower belly..lower belly feels different like its bloated and tighter than normal.i know tubes being tied is supposed to be great protection but I know you can get pregnant. my aunt did and gave born to two healthy boy to separate times...please help...can I be pregnant..ive took a home test but ill think I take another one before I go to the doctor.i just don't want to be disappointed..

tlkittycat1968 responded:
What did the home test say?

Noting is 100% so pregnancy is a possibility.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

lovebird79 responded:
I'm curious as well what the home test said. Either way I'd say go to the doctor, but false negatives are much more common than false positives.

resee1974 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
it said not pregnant but im hoping it just because it was one from the dollar store

resee1974 replied to lovebird79's response:
it said not pregnant..but its weird cause my symptoms still point to being pregnant..i noticed the whitish discharge last night and usually my stomach kind of hangs over just a little near the (the pooch part of your lower stomach) im chucky not huge so it hangs just a little but for the past two days that part is filling in so its becoming round and I don't have the hang over.

lovebird79 replied to resee1974's response:
Maybe wait another week and test again.
If you are really concerned that you are pregnant, than go to the doctor. If the blood and urine test are negative than it's pretty safe to say you aren't pregnant.

resee1974 replied to lovebird79's response:
yea waiting another week is a good idea..ive got a period calendar on my phone and it said from the date of the spotting I wouldn't see a result till maybe next week..then ill still go to the doctor no matter what the test says...cause now where the top of my underpants lays is real tight..i had to go up a size to keep them from digging in..that didn't even happened when I gained a lot of weight before..its weird

carmela755 replied to resee1974's response:
Hi there, I think you are pregnant. But, it is always better to have a pregnancy test after a week. I also wanted to share with you a site that could help you calculate your baby's due date (if you are positive) and more, good luck. http://www.babyduedatecalculator.net/

resee1974 replied to carmela755's response:
thank you...ive took another home test but it was still negative..but I think my levels are too low to show up..i still very much think im pregnant..symtoms are still here and my husband said my breast are bigger and more swollen than period time..he really believes im pregnant too..the bottom of my stomach is sticking out a little more and it feels a lot different...ive got a doctor appointment tomorrow..fingers crossed..ive check out the link you sent me..thanks again

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm proud Momma of four awesome children. I had them in the perfect order I could have wished for: girl, boy, girl, boy. I've been a single mo...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.