Skip to content
What is wrong with me??
toninsj posted:
Was on depo for years, then quit well over 1yr ago. I've been keeping track of my periods and ovulation as husband is REALLY hoping for a baby. Last start date was 7/24, lasted approx 4-5days. Now, exactly 2wks later on 8/7 I'm bleeding again with the normal cramps. I'm confused and concerned because my most fertile days after the 7/24 period WERE 8/1-8/4 and planned to take home test next week. Do I recalculate now from the 8/7 bleeding? Or could this mean something else? Have I killed my ovaries from the years of using depo?

lovebird79 responded:
Is your bleeding heavy or spotting? Sometimes women have have very light spotting with ovulation.

It could also just be that something caused your cycle to go a little off.

I'd test the normal time if it doesn't come based on 7/24 but then maybe again if it doesn't come two weeks later.

Good luck!

toninsj replied to lovebird79's response:
4 days now since 8/7 bleeding started. Not spotting, but not heavy. Bloody mucus and tissue like discharge. But not like a normal period either since a few times I thought "ok, it's done, no more blood for most of the day".. then it's like a slap in the face to see it later in the evening or the next morning again. Kind of heart breaking. I will still try a test by the end of next week to see. Thank you lovebird79.

toninsj replied to lovebird79's response:
Curious to know what is "normal" for ovulation bleeding, how heavy and for how long should/could this occur? Again, this is the 4th day of bleeding (since my period 2wks ago), but it is now lightening up and turning to the brownish color. Not heavy enough to need a tampon either.

toninsj responded:
Curious to know what is "normal" for ovulation bleeding, how heavy and for how long should/could this occur? Again, this is the 4th day of bleeding (since my period 2wks ago), but it is now lightening up and turning to the brownish color. Not heavy enough to need a tampon either

lovebird79 replied to toninsj's response:
I've never had it, but I think it's typically just spotting.

I'd say call your doctor to talk about it, especially since it sounds like you are trying to conceive. It could be nothing but it never hurts to talk to a doc about it.

If it helps at all, when I was trying to conceive my cycle got thrown off... I think it was from the stress of trying.
Actually, I got fed up and decided to take a month off of "trying" and just have fun with my husband - I ended up pregnant

Good luck! I hope you get a positive soon!

carmela755 replied to lovebird79's response:
Hi there, maybe you are just stressing too much. I think you might be pregnant. Because those are the symptoms of being pregnant. But be sure to have a pregnancy test. I will also share with you a site where you could calculate your last ovulation period and it will help you track it, good luck. http://www.ovulation-predictor.org/

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need advice please i feel like im going insane..I havent had a period since july 20 its now sept i took a hpt it came out negitive..i have been extr...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy
Hey guys I need help, so I been feeling pregnant and I have all the systems Like cramping, then brown spotting, boob hurts, vaginal ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.