Skip to content
Spotting and conception
adak14 posted:
I have had unprotected sex with my partner and we successfully used the pull out method as a form of in the moment birth control. Dumb idea but never the less here we are. mid way through my cycle I had some spotting and now I am concerned we are pregnant. I am not on birth control and was wondering if there was any statistics on spotting without bc. All I can seem to find is it could be bleeding from implantation or side effects of bc. However I was able to find multiple reasons for spotting including stress, infection, trauma etc. I have been very stressed out due to a move and a new job so I am hoping its that but was looking for feedback or statistics on how common a random spotting is, if that happens at all, as i have never had spotting before.

mollyshaffer responded:
well spotting is normal but i personaly would go see a doctor about your spotting if it was me.

carmela755 responded:
Hi, spotting is normal and yes stress can really affect your menstrual cycle.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been TTC for about 1 year now. I worry because it took my sister 7 years to get pregnant, and her baby boy was born prematurely ...More

Helpful Tips

(((KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF DURING YOUR PREGNANCY)))
Wouldn't It be great to go through out your pregnancy without adding those unwanted pounds? Well now you can, and I advise you to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.