Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnant with negative test results
rolldesignbaby posted:
Hi all... I'm very confused as to what my body is trying to tell me and I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

it all starts with my period last month, it was very odd... first it came early, then stopped after about 2 days, then I spotted off and on over the next few days. I suspected something was odd so I took a test and it came back neg. I figured maybe I was testing too early so I decided I would wait. over the next week I began feeling sick to my stomach before bed, then I began to notice when I got up my mouth would fill with saliva and I would feel sick, I'd also feel sick after I ate things. My husband mentioned to me that I had been sleeping ALOT(which I hadn't really noticed) My bra seems to fill out my ill fitting bra better, over the past few days I have had a white discharge, and my husband told me my nipples looked alot more bumpy than normal and my nipple it's self was darker than normal. I am hungry more often i need to eat several times or I wake up hungry at night ( normally I can go all day with only eating once or twice)My taste has been off and I seem to be smelling things I never noticed before, and I have been ready to rip people's heads off....I took two more tests this week and still negative...

I feel like I am pregnant but idk if I possibly could be...I'm worried about going into the doctor and having a blood test come back negative and still feeling the same way... Any advice from someone who has been here would be great...Any advice in general would be good too..I'm just so confused and dont know what to think...

whitneymvk responded:
Well it certainly sounds like somethings up.... I would take another test and if that still comes out neg and ur having all these symptoms maybe it's time to find out from a doctor once and for all

charlton2 responded:
I can relate to you because I have the same symptoms and did go have a blood test which was neg but still no answers because where I live the OB only wants to see you if you have pos blood test and my reg doctor will not touch anyone that thinks they are pg.

PrettiiDeadii responded:
Wow, you DO have all the classic signs of pregnancy. Do you how far along you'd be if you WERE to be pregnant??

I know the tests are coming back negative but sometimes your body doesn't produce enough hcg to be detected in your urine and a blood test is better. I would definitely see your doctor. If it comes back then you're NOT pregnant then at least he/she can help you figure out what's causing all these crazy symptoms.

G luck.

PrettiiDeadii responded:
I cannot believe the OB only wants to see you if you're pregnant. I've had OB's like that as well and I think that's just ridiculous. I think it's mean actually. Some women don't have enough money to get a pregnancy test in the stores, and a lot of the time the hcg can't be picked up through urine and they NEED blood work done. This is how women go on with their pregnancies without any help and the baby can come out sick. I hate doctors like that.

When did you get your blood test done? How far along would you have been? Maybe it was too soon. Is there any way you can test in your house with an hpt?

rolldesignbaby responded:
Hi thanks for all the responses! As far as I can tell I would be between 5 and 6 weeks along if I were pregnant. And when I went to bed last I thought I felt something pulsing in my belly? Am I imagining things? I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this? Or having multiple negative test results then later being pregnant? Thanks!

nicoled25 responded:
I am going through the samething right now. I even had the fluttering feeling in my lower abdoman. I took two HPT last week and both got negitives. My husband keeps telling me that he knows I am pregnant because like you I normally eat one or two times a day and I haven't been able to do that and I wake up so many times at night either hungery or having to go to the bathroom (which I rarely wake up). To make it worse I went to bed at 10pm last night and didn't wake up until 10:30 this morning (luckly it is my late day at work) and I still feel tired, and I normally don't sleep 12 hours even on the weekend.

My plan is to test again this weekend, then go to the doctor if they are negitive. I think I remember my mom telling me that it took her awhile for a positive test (however the HPT have probably come a long way since she was pregnant with me).

hboissonneault responded:
I would say that if you think you are 5-6 weeks pregnant what you are feeling in your belly could be gas. Not to say that you arent pregnant but you usually dont start to feel the baby until you are about 16-20 weeks. I am no professional but thats when I felt it with my first son and thats what the docs say.

Good luck and let us know what you find out!

My husbands wants to know for sure... and this may sound really selfish, but I'm scared to go to the doctor just to find out I'm not and have my hopes and dreams shattered....

As for the pulsing in my belly...I can feel it internally and my husbands swears he can feel it too...lol. I have a feeling its my own pulse but I never felt it before which makes me hope that I am really pregnant if neither of us ever noticed it before... you can even see my belly twitch as it pulses... it's so weird.

faithpoo responded:
I'm going through the same things as you. I had three babies already and didn't actually feel any real movement until the 13th week. So I know what I feel now is gas. I had my last period on August 12, didn't have it on Sept 10. I'm very regular and on the pill. I took a test which came back neg on Sept 14th so continued the pill. I got worried after I didn't get AF after two weeks. Now I'm really nervous. I'm scared to go to the dr in case I'm not, you know? I'm going to just wait until next week on the 7th, the day I'm expecting my period. If it doesn't come then I'll go. I really want to know how you come out.

Hi all just wanted to update you I took another pregnancy test today and it still says negative..... I'm not sure what to think at this point? Is it all in my head?

paprheart responded:
I am in the SAME boat!

My last period was around August 10 or so. I know I had unprotected sex around the time that I was ovulating. Now, I feel this movement in my belly.. like a kicking or rolling. I have a 2 yr old daughter, and obviously felt her kicking, so I know what that feels like. THIS movement feels JUST LIKE it did when I was pregnant. But, all the calculators and stuff say I would only be about 7w 2d today. Thats way early to feel a baby.. unless im off on the dates.. and i cant remember for sure. I have a regular doc visit set up for October 14th, so Im trying to just wait until then. I took one cheapo test from walmart, and it was a dud and gave me no result back. Lastnight I was talking to my boyfriend about the test and went to look at it again.. and it was POSITIVE - I almost crapped my pants! but then we realized that you cant trust a test that long after you took it. has that ever happened to anyone else?

faithpoo responded:
Everyone says that to be really sure, take a blood test. Also, our minds are really powerful. We can think we're pregnant and our bodies will begin to have the symptoms.

so_confused_ responded:
OMG. the exact same thing is happening to me right now, im still trying to figure it all out though, taken a blood test thru the free health services at school and also mulitple urine tests...all negative, im scared..i just wanna know whats up

Went to the doctor today and they refused to do a blood test, did a urine test and cam back neg. Doc. said to wait two weeks and retest and if that one comes back neg then wait for Octobers period to come and if it does I should come back in....I guess I will have to wait out the two weeks and see how things go....I'll keep you all posted... On the plus side my husband has been so sweet

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married mother of one child. I had my tubes tied in 2006 but I know there is always the chance of pregnancy. I have been have irregular periods and ...More

Helpful Tips

tip
have heard the same thing from my sister who is the mother of five so this is more then likely true.. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful