Skip to content
No period in 3 months?
meka62521 posted:
My last period was on April 16, 2009 and I have not seen not one period since and I have took several hpt and they all were negative. I have set up an appt with a dr for Aug. 11 but I have been having some prego symptns and I have gained weight. I do feel that gasy feeling and my tummy is growing but not a positive hpt. Now what can that be about. Is it possible that it's too early or is it that a hpt will not work this time. If I am this will be my 4th child. Have anyone had this problem before please give me some insight.

najed responded:
Hi! I don't have much advice because my last period was May 8th. I have had several negative tests along with quite a few preg symptoms and went to the dr yesterday. They did another urine test (who would have guessed it was negative) and then took blood to run some other tests. she told me that if I don't get it in another 6 months I should go back - but I feel this is a REALLY long time so if it doesn't come by month 4 I will go see someone else. I will let you know when i find anything out! Good luck!

rmm0119 responded:
I am in same boat, maybe a little too jumpy and impatient about things...one side wants to be pregnant the other is indifferent and I'm ok with NOT being pregnant...always had normal periods, same stress as usual, no different, on no medication ... not sure what's going on...2 negative tests .. only a few days apart though, I am very impatient...waiting for that + to appear ..ugh! Feel like i'm having pregnancy symptoms, then I feel pms symptoms... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Called doctor yesterday, they made me feel like idiot that if tests negative, then duh, i'm not prego. People are dumb....i've continually read that yes it is possible to show a negative but still be pregnant due to the hormone not showing present yet ... just venting, that stupid woman made me feel like a moron telling me if I don't get period after 3 months to schedule appointment. 3 months???? that doesnt seem normal.

lexiesfolks3 responded:
I actually watched an episode of "I didn't know I was pregannt" last night on TLC where a woman gave birth and didn't know she was pregnant..part of the reason she didn't kow is b/c when she would have been about 4 or 5 months along she took 2 prgnancy tests and they both came back negative, so false negatives DO happen, not often, but they do

lv1goof responded:
I'm in the same boat too! I haven't had a period in 3 months (next Friday will be 3 months). I had gone in 6/19 for an annual exam and told the nurse practitioner that I hadn't had a period for almost 2 months (at that time) and she told me to wait until the end of this month and come back if AF didn't show. They had me do a urine test that day which also was negative. She didn't mention anything when she did my exam if anything "looked different" but I didn't ask her. She had a cold personality so I was over her before she started the exam. I'm sorry... if your going the get intimate with your patient you need to at least be somewhat nice. I wasn't really comfortable with that office for other reasons too. I am very close with my primary care Dr. and he referred me to an OB/GYN who specializes in hormones tomorrow to find out why I haven't had a period in almost 3 months. I will see if I get any answers that can help you girls out too

tngcar1987 responded:
I also haven't had a period since April. I've spotted each month but never had an actual period though. I am suppose to start between July 13 and July 17...but so far no period and no sign of it at all. I've taken two tests and neg. results. and I've got several symptoms that i have never ever had with my period...but i've had my symptoms for about 2-2 1/2 months. All I can tell you is hang in there till your dr. appt. good luck.

mrsbeasley123 responded:
You should be able to get a blood test w/out seeing the Dr. I would call ASAP, and tate another HPT. GL!

angelbugg responded:
I guess I can say I am glad someone else is in my shoes... My last regular menstrual was April 30th. I had brownish discharge only when I wiped (sorry TMI) for 4 days in May (5/28-6/1) then July 13-15 I had redish/brownish discharge when I wipped. 2 Negative test and Dr says if I don't have ANY blood in 3 consecutive months then to start the Provera perscription to make me have a mesntural. I'm 28 years old I've been on my menstrual since I was 9 years and I've never had these problems. The only symptoms I have is mild cramping, mild lower back pains and major heartburn. I don't know what to think. I'm just going with the flow...

I also saw the show last night " I didn't know I was pregnant" and I watch that show alot so it worries me know. Well I'm not religious but if god gives it to me than I'll take it....

I wish everyone luck and please keep everyone informed (ALL OF U) if you guys get anymore info that can help us. Because I am so confused with my body and I to didn't like the Dr I saw Monday...

lv1goof responded:
Angelbugg, I would recommend seeing another Dr. because my thought is you should be comfortable with your Dr. and have an exam and blood test before they start you on Provera. I have heard of a lot of Dr.s starting patients on that without exams. I don't know if the girls were pregnant when they got it so I don't know the results. But you should always get a thorough exam before stuff like that. I hope that helps. I will let all of you know what I find out at the Dr. this afternoon. Wish me luck

angelbugg responded:
Iv- Thanks for the info. I had my normal Pap done for the year and blood work done with urine test. But if next month is the same way I'm definatly going see another Dr.

Good Luck to All!

lv1goof responded:
Ok so I just got back from the Dr.s. They did a urine test (negative) and an ultrasound. They said that my endometrium is a little thick since I haven't had period. They also said I have a few calcifications so I need to get a D&C then they will start me on birthcontrol pill to regulate it for a month and then start Clomid to help us conceive. I'm dissapointed and excited all at the same time He said that all my hormones are good for conceiving but they need to start with a clean slate for the egg to attach. Hope that helps anyone out that might be in the same situation as me. And thanks for listening to me

meka62521 responded:
I took another hpt today and it still say negative. I just was trying to see if my hcg was up enough to show a positive test that's if I am really pregnant. I do have an appt but it's on Aug 11. I"m still not knowing what's going on with all of this but I will be glad when that time come. I hate this waiting.

shellybabey23 responded:
Heey, I'm in the same boat as you, except my last period was March 26th....so almost 4 months now...i have taken an HPT in April and may and they were neg. in the beginning of June i also got a blood test and nothing. so, i went back to the docs, and he gave me MORE blood work and an ultrasound. So, I will see Aug 5th, what is going on..but the ultrasound will DEFF show. BTW, Im not on the pill, and me and my fiancee have sex regularly and dont use condoms, and he ejaculates in me. My doc wasn't sure if i missed the first one or two for whatever reason, then got pregnant. But we got our fingers crossed I wanna go get some more HPT's cause the anticipation is driving me CRAZY lol. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

shellybabey23 responded:
I forgot to mention, I had some VERY light brownish spotting about a week ago, only when I whipped (TMI) but there was no red at all...this is about 2 weeks or so, before my period is suppose to come...but if nothing its 4 months with NO AF! lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

I used to be tlkittycat1968 but was having trouble logging in on my work computer. I'm 43 and have been married about 9 years. I have two kids (...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy
Hey guys I need help, so I been feeling pregnant and I have all the systems Like cramping, then brown spotting, boob hurts, vaginal ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.