Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnancy or UTI? or both?
cmjm20 posted:
I always have a lot of clear discharge during ovulation, so I know when I am ovulating every month. I believe we had intercourse at least once during ovulation. I am supposed to start in exactly a week, and I have had discharge on and off since ovulation. Here's what I am feeling:

-Increased urination -white discharge (its stringy and sticky, comparable to my first pregnancy. I don't think its infection related.) -middle and lower back pain -feeling like I have to puke (only the past 24 hours) -ovary pain (mild, and kind of like cramps but I am not supposed to start for a week and its been going on for almost a week already)

I cant go to the doctor til Monday, but I am just curious on what you guys think.

Thanks!

itsmyyear18 responded:
I'm actually going through the exact SAME thing. I have all the same symptoms. With a UTI i read that you usually have burning while urinating and cloudy urine. I dont know about you but I dont have any of those symptoms!! I feel pregnant and the chance is definitely there so I dont know.....I can totally relate to you. Keep me posted on the outcome and I will let you know what happwns with me.

cmjm20 responded:
No I dont have those symptoms either. And I have HAD a UTI before and it just doesn't feel the same. It's just similar to both a UTI and pregnancy.. so I dont know!

itsmyyear18 responded:
What exactly did you feel? If its not too private. I took an early pregnancy test today and it was negative. I think I tested too ealy my period isnt due until the 24th.

cmjm20 responded:
Well, I know for a fact that I had clouded urine as well as a slight burning sensation.. I have neither now. My lower back hurts and also is sore close to where my kidneys are, but its also the point where I bend up and down, so I don't know if its my kidneys or just back pain from picking up my 1.5 year old. (Who's 26 lbs!)

I just know that the two main things that stood out with my UTI was the burning and cloudiness. I don't remember how I felt before I found out I was pregnant, because I wasn't looking for symptoms of anything and I probably just blew things off as a virus or something. (I never had a sore chest early or vomiting at all throughout my pregnancy) Hope that information helps!! What do you think? I was going to try cranberry juice and see if anything changes until its closer to my period day.

itsmyyear18 responded:
I was thinking about drinking cranberry juice until I know for sure. I have that same back pain. In my first pregnancy I had morining sickness all the time so you are on the lucky ones. Since you had experience with a UTI I think that you have the upper hand in this situation because you can tell the difference. You seem very in touch with your body and that can be a good and a bad thing when it comes to this because you can always be wrong. As for my opinion, I think you are pregnant. Are you trying to conceive?

itsmyyear18 responded:
I was reading "what to expect when you are expecting" It said that frequent urination in a second pregnancy will be noticed way sooner. It also said that a womans body will notice the symptoms earlier because of our previous experience but they could be more or less intense we could both actually be pregnant!

strawkisser responded:
If you have a UTI, you would KNOW it. The burining, stinging, and urgency are almost too much to bear. There is no doubt. I have chronic UTIs, and they are awful. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. I did read that UTIs can sometimes be a symptom of pregnancy, so check that out. If it is a UTI, do yourself a favor and pick up something called "AZO" at the grocery store. Its simply the best and most helpful drug I've encountered so far. Take it along with as much cranberry juice as you can handle. Although, if you are pregnant, make sure the medication in Azo is okay for baby.

cmjm20 responded:
Yeah I have some of that too, but I don't want to take anything until I know for sure. And itsmyyear, I am not TTC, I just think it happened. Still a blessing though! Good luck to both of us! I hope the best for you. When are you going to test again? I am probably going to go to the doctor friday, cause I gotta go for my yearly anyway. Maybe they can tell me what is going on!

itsmyyear18 responded:
I hope you get the news you want to hear! Im going to wait until my period is missed to retest. Im having some spotting right now but that could just be the beginning. I hope we both have good news to share!!

cmjm20 responded:
me too! It would be unexpected for me, but so was the first one so that's okay! I tried the cranberry juice and its helped very little.. I still have the strange discharge the cramp-like pains.. and I am not supposed to start til the 27th, so I gotta while. When should I test you think?

itsmyyear18 responded:
I would wait until the day of your expected period you could get a positive one then! With my last pregnancy I got a positive the day of my expected period. I did get a blood test just waiting on the results. Im having some brown/pink discharge right now which Im hoping isnt my period.

princessallie959 replied to itsmyyear18's response:
what was your out come of your tests, five months ago i had a really bad bladder infection , still experiencing urinary urgency , sudden need to pee and it can't wait , last Monday i finished a round of antibiotics was experiencing a very lite itch with the urinary urgency finished the seven day antibiotic but still have the sudden urge to pee at times, and really bad heart burn what did your test come back as do you have any idea about my symptoms, not having any other symptoms just the two.

babyboo3739 replied to itsmyyear18's response:
See I think I did the same thing because If I am pregnant then I would be only 3 weeks and 2 days, I took a pregnancy test today and negitive but I have all systoms and now I'm feel like I have a uti, my body seems all messed up. Help?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Got engaged in December. Fiance and I have been TTC since then and are so excited to be parents.

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.