Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnant while on Nuvaring??
JAMIE3115 posted:
Hi Guys,

I'm currently on the Nuvaring. My last period was really light, mostly dark brown blood. I put in a Nuvaring on my usual Sunday after my last period and now I'm very nauseated and am wondering if I'm pregnant.

My worry is that having the Nuvaring in while pregnant might harm the baby. I'm going to take a test tonight to check but does anyone know if it's a danger to the baby to get pregnant while on the Nuvaring. Also, I know you can't really be pregnant if you've had a period but is it considered a real period when I only had some dark brown discharge and not much blood.

phoenixfire76 responded:
I say when in doubt test with 1st morning urine. Not testing with 1st morning urine can mean the differance between a - and a +. An no you can not be pregnant and have a normal period and no I would not consider dark drown discharge and not much blood a normal period. So test with 1st mroning urine and go from there. Best of luck.

Apostrophe9 responded:
when i first started the ring, my period was gooey n brown. i went to the doc n they did a culture, everything...negative. so it was just my period. n the entire time i used the ring my periods were brown n funny. but its the hormones that effect everyones body different. and it would make me nauseated n cut my appetite. everything was fine. if ur really worried, go to a doc. other then that....wats going on sounds fine to me. but im no doctor.

falconlove123 responded:
I have just had the same thing happen to me! My period was mostly dark brown blood. I feel nauseated and my breasts are really swollen and Im sleeping alot! So I was wondering did it turn out that you were pregnant? I took two tests that came up negative but I took those tests at night instead of in the morning, should I retest?

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.