Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Playing a waiting game...wondering?
brantsmommy posted:
My last period was on 2/27/09, So, I should start by at least 3/27/2009, b/c I'm pretty regular. My husband and I have been trying for about 3 months now to conceive. This past weekend, My legs ached like something terrible. My boobs seem to be a little fuller, not really hurting, but if I push in on them, I can feel some tenderness. I feel very bloated and have been going to the bathroom quite a bit. I've had some slight cramp feeling on my right lower abdomen side. This morning my lower back is aching and my pelvis feels aggrivated. I guess I could probably get one of those early pregnancy test that says test up to 4 days earlier, (but i'm afraid too) in case it says negative or i'm testing to early. Just wondering if these could all be signs of pregnancy? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
FirstPrevious12NextLast

johnkim905 responded:
I wish I could tell you you're pregnant...because I have the same symptoms and the same expected period date. I have been taking HPT's every morning since Saturday and they each have been negative...really depressing, but I could be testing too soon. I'm expecting my period, but really hoping for a nice surprise! We have been trying for 3 months now and if we don't get pregnant this month, will take a few months off from "trying". Good luck to you...maybe buy a few dollar store tests...they are really cheap!

brantsmommy responded:
I'm having the back pain in my lower back that i've just noticed more this morning and some pelvic pain, i usually dont experience that with menstural symptoms, do you know if these are symptoms of pregnancy?

olgaR0C3H0 responded:
Same boat as you all. I am due for AF tomorrow and trying not to pee on the stick too early. Hubby and I have been the doing the' if it happens it happens' game for 10 years and well it hasn't happened, but like you I have been having cramps since 3/12. The first time they came on they were the AF kind, then subsided to a dull ache, this am they were strong again but not AF yet (normally I get a half an hour lee way to get to the bathroom once they start). I am setting a personal record of peeing every hour. After 10 years of month disappointments, this is the first time I have every had these kinds of symptoms. One weird thing happened though (and I should have paid more attention) I went last Thursday to have allergy testing done, the Dr scheduled a blood test to check for the bee sting allergy, but I didn't really read the test completely, but thinking back I think it said to check HGC levels, a while I was giving the blood the lab tech asked if I was pregnant (which I said no) just a weird little thing but maybe they noticed something I didn't (also the Dr who I just met hugged me and said good luck when I was leaving)

stefanie0401 responded:
Cramping and back pain can be a sign of early pregnancy symptoms. I am due for AF on the 24th...today, but will wait until this weekend to test. It sounds like we will all be testing around the same time. I too tested way too early, last week...lol If we are expecting, it was definately unplanned, but a baby is a baby and we will be happy nonetheless!

HoneyChild22 responded:
Okay, I had to post, because I fall with you all in being due for my period by the 26th or 27th this week, yet been having symptoms of pregnancy. Tender breasts starting last friday, unusal for me, I don't get tender till a day or two before my period, has gradually gotten worse in tenderness in the last couple days. Then nauseous on and off since Sunday, last night was the worst, had trouble sleeping, felt like vomiting, but couldn't. Have been a bit extra tired and somewhat frequent peeing. I have a good feeling I really could be, I never experienced all these symptoms at once before. But, I too am anxiously waiting to see if I miss my period or not and it's driving me crazy, trying to wait to take a pregnancy test.

If I am pregnant it was unplanned, but like I saw someone post earlier, my husband and I have agreed if it happens it happens and we both will be happy to go through this new exprience. I am all excited yet so terribly anxious at the same time! Hope the week goes by fast.

bluerose7911 responded:
I am wishing all of you the best of luck. I'm experiencing all the symptoms you gals are, yet I'm not quite sure when my period is supposed to start. My last one was a bit crazy. However I don't know what the heck I'm going to do if I am. If I am the father of the baby, doesn't want kids. And I want to take a HPT but I am scared it's way too early. Not to mention I don't usually get all these signs a long time before my period is due. Like one or two days maybe. Moodiness is about a week before though. I guess I get to play the waiting game as well.

But good luck and best of wishes.

johnkim905 responded:
UPDATE: I took a hpt this morning with fmu and saw a faint extra line! It's very light, but I know it's there! I'm so excited and can't wait to tell my husband when he comes home from work today. I took 2 tests to make sure, and they both showed the extra line, very light! So...hopefully my eyes aren't playing tricks on me!

stefanie0401 responded:
Congratulations Kim!

zenitram222 responded:
My last period was on 02/27/2009, I took a hpt this morning and it was negative I feel very tired, sleepy and been taking bathroom breaks often. I have been experience slight nausea. I really want to have a baby but the waiting is killing me. If hcg levels are low the test might not detect pregnancy right away. Well I wish you luck!

KholeyKhol responded:
Kim,

Since I'm in the waiting boat...How many days before/after your period/missed period did you wait to see the faint second line?

johnkim905 responded:
I had my last period on 2/27/09 and ovulated around the 12th/13th. My period was supposed to come tomorrow, the 26th or Friday, the 27th. I have been testing with hpt since last Saturday and today was the first day I could see the faint line. I looked at the ovulation calendar from this site and it said that today would be the first day for a positive hpt for me. I hope that helps...wish me luck...I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to confirm it.

HoneyChild22 responded:
Congrats! Hope the best for you and your husband. I unforunately found out I am not, started my period last night. Somewhat disappointed as I was hoping to be pregnant. The only reason I really thought I could be is that I was experiencing all the symptoms that I never experienced before, but... guess not. It wasn't planned and it does make sense since we have been careful, though after this week of both my husband and I being excited at the possibility of getting pregnant, we may start trying once our financial situation gets a bit better seeing he was recently layed off. So... I am looking forward to trying sooner then we planned, I just would love to. Hope the best to you all.

bluerose7911 responded:
Well I took a test today. Negative. Still no AF. Guess I'm just waiting it out a little longer.

hhmmmm responded:
If you like to tale pregnancy tests often the Dollar Tree...NOT dollar general or dollar store but dollar tree ....have 1$ pregnancy tests. You can buy a ton and tests as much as you want to if you guys are trying im sure you will be needing them. Test early test late test whenever you want to as long as it wont discourage you.

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.