Skip to content
nicoleoliver23 posted:
was wondering if someone could give me advice about what i should do. i quit taking birthcontrol pills 4months ago and i havent had my period in two months. ive took 3 pregnancy test for the month of march and they all were negative. i havent took one for this month of april. should i take another one or just go to the doctors? could there be a chance that im pregnant? i dont yusually miss two months so im kandi worried. anybody could help me? thanks
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful
tlkittycat1968 responded:
When you go off the pill, you may be irregular since your body has to re-learn how to regulate its own hormones. Since you've missed two periods and are getting negative test results, it might not hurt to see your doctor. They can give you something to jump start your period.
Proud mommy to PJ (3)
Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi nicoleoliver23,

Whenever you are changing from one form of birth control to another, it may take your body some time to get used to the changes as your hormones change when you go off birth control pills.

If your period hasn't started and you aren't sure if you are ovulating or not, please do see a doctor for help, that will set your mind at ease.

If you are trying to become pregnant, I also want to invite you to visit our Related Trying to Conceive Communities including our Trying to Conceive Community and our Just Starting Out .

I hope that this information is helpful!

- Annie
Visit the Infertility and Reproduction Health Center and the Health and Pregnancy Center for helpful articles.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is kaylee im 22 married to DH 24 we have ds 2 (06/03/2010) we are currently trying to get pregnant again but after having a misscarriage in ja...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
102 of 135 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.