Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Weekly Confessions 7/6 thru 7/12 What's on your mind?
GuardSquealer posted:
Seems like summer is shooting by. Before we know it, it will be gone again. Really not looking forward to another winter here in Ohio.

I have baled more hay this year than the last 3 years combined. Both my partners are pretty much done. One is putting in a lot of hours on his new job, and the other is recovering from his tractor accident. He might be back in a couple weeks. But in the mean time I have to keep rolling.

All the rain has the fields growing quickly. I finally finished the last field of first cutting. And it looks like it is time to start second cutting. So I am moving equipment tomorrow and Friday back to the first field I mowed this year. One good thing is that second cutting won't be nearly heavy as the first. Usually producing about 50 percent less hay. So it is a little more manageable. But still takes as much time to mow, ted, and rake.

Hopefully Carlos and his friends can continue to help for the next couple weeks. If I can get the second cutting done quickly maybe I can have a couple weeks off from baling before 3rd cutting is ready.

Instead of being a golf widow, my wife is a hay widow in the summer time. We are heading to the Washington D.C. area together this weekend to work a horse show. So that will be a nice couple days together. My daughter is staying home, so we will have some much needed alone time. It should be a fun weekend. We hired our old trainer as the judge, he is a lot of fun to go out to on the town with. So I imagine we will have some fun with him.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

GuardSquealer responded:
Almost every piece of equipment I own now needs a repair. Between a couple things getting broke when my helpers accident occured, and the heavy first cutting. Everything is just working hard and breaking down. Hopefully I can get some repairs done tomorrow. The bad part is running to the dealer or whereever to get parts. I don't live real far out, but at least 30 minutes from anywhere that I can get parts. That adds up.

On top of all this I had to go to the cattle auction today. It is 70 miles away. And I was running late. Got there about 30 minutes late bought a few calves and then they announce the last feeder calf of the day was being sold. I needed it to have almost enough make my daughter happy. Wanted 10 but brought home 7. There is another sale on monday. So hopefully I will have enough time to run there and pick up a couple more.

Got back from the sale, unloaded and unhooked and ran to the hay field to try and finish up. I had unloaded my truck to hook up to the trailer and forgot to put them back in. So when the baler ran out of wire I was done for the day. I almost finished it. But not quite. So maybe 30 minutes of baling tomorrow and I will be done. Move some equipment and get packed to leave for the show on Friday.

Hopefully my wife will drive for a while on Friday. I think I might be too tired to drive. Already looking forward to getting into that hotel bed Friday night.

kristinmarie722 responded:
I want to get out of town so bad but I have no money. Or at least would feel guilty putting it on my credit card. I just need a change of scenery. And I agree- as always summer goes by too fast, then it's back to the Ohio winter.

I followed up with child support and Ex has not made a payment. Kind of wished I didnt follow up , so I would at least have some hope. It should start coming out of his paycheck soon.

My 30th birthday is coming up soon......

ImMe26 replied to kristinmarie722's response:
Kristin didnt they tell you whent he expect the first payment??(not that it means he will actually pay).

I also agree it goes by to quickly, but since im in FL. Im ready for the heat to pass and the fall to settle in. Here is never gets to cold and I could use the break on my electric bill...LOL....
Don't put off tomorrow, what you can accomplish today!! Procrastination is a KILLER!!--ME(26)SO(28)DD1(10yr)DD2(8yr)DS(2yr)SO's-DD(8yr)DS1(6yrs)DD(5yr)LUV THEM ALL ALWAYS WANTED A HUGE FAMILY

butterfly19790424 replied to kristinmarie722's response:
Kristin: it took at least a month for me to see the first drop of money and it was taken from his paycheck. We signed papers in Feb and I didn't get the first payment until April. It sucked because that's when our verbal agreement of him buying diapers for Kara and giving me the cash he agreed to giving me. Its like he got a month break or something.
A true friend is someone who knows you're a good egg even if you're a little cracked

GuardSquealer replied to GuardSquealer's response:
Two things happened today that I thought were kind of funny. A lady called about a couple of tack trunks I had for sale on Craigslist. She was funny, we sort of knew each other from a long time ago. Her son was a lot older than my daughter but they were in 4 H together when my daughter started. Anyways we were talking about the fair and she asked if this one lady was still always at the fair. (she was the grouchiest old lady ever) anyways I said "yes in a way" there was a awkward silence and then I explained that the lady died a couple years ago, but they had engraved her name in a huge boulder that was sitting in a flower bed by the horse show pen. So in a way she was still there.

I think I thought it was funnier than she did. But she laughed. Anyways she was going on about how she wanted the trunks but didn't have the money because of getting a divorce recently. So I told her to come look at them and if she wanted them she could take them and pay me later. She was surprised that I would do that. But lots of people have done nice things for me. So she came out. Loved them and took them home. She wrote me two checks one for the end of this month and one for the end of next. Works fine for me and she was really happy.

Another person called about hay on I have for sale on CL and asked if I had change for a 20 as she only wanted one bale. @$2.50 a bale. I laughed and told her minimum purchase of 10 bales. She said "oh" and hung up on me. I was only kidding. So I had to call her back and tell her I was joking. But that I didn't have time to meet her to sell one bale of hay. Told her where to get it from in my arena and to leave the money on the hay wagon. It will be funny to see if she left it tomorrow. I would have gave her a bale anyways.

Didn't get everything done today that I wanted to. But got a couple things done. And now a few days away from making hay and prison. Can't wait.

kristinmarie722 replied to ImMe26's response:
It could take 3-4 weeks for a payment to come out of his check. He is suppose to make a payment before 30 days of our last appointment (so by July 21). So in the event that he does not see the funds taken out of his check within 3 weeks of our last appointment, he is supposed to make an actual payment, because after 30 days of no payment it is considered default. But he is also in arrears technically since nothing is coming out right now, but he is owing for this time.

So I was just hoping that he would of went ahead and made his payment to be caught up once, so he would be even once it starts getting taken out of his check...... not sure why I would even think that he would of went ahead and already taken care of it...... but I guess I was just holding out hope.

kristinmarie722 replied to kristinmarie722's response:
Thankfully I am getting out of town this weekend We are pulling together our resources and going camping for 1 night! YAY!

3point14 responded:
I'm leaving for vacation in 7 hours...SO EXCIIIITED OMG

And what did I do yesterday to prepare? Oh, I packed, cleaned out my car and got a massive sunburn covering the entire front of my torso and thighs hhahhaa. Well, that's what I get for falling asleep in a pool, and I thank God I put some sunblock on my face, but still....typical me.

alaska_mommy replied to 3point14's response:
Hey at least you'll have a nice base in place before you go soak up some more rays, right? LOL
Have fun!!

alaska_mommy replied to kristinmarie722's response:
Camping is such fun! Hubby and I need to buy some camping equipment once his new job's paychecks start really coming in.

fcl responded:
I confess that I feel really bad. My father's doctor says that she doesn't think he'll make it through the night... and here I am stuck at the other end of the continent. I've checked all the flights but cannot get there before Tuesday (this is prime holiday time and I'm in a hightly touristy region) at the absolute earliest (unless, of course, I'm willing to travel for 30 hours with 5 stops at a price I could never afford). I feel so useless.

I also feel guilty about resenting this happening now and not in a month or two. I intended to bring my mother here for as long as she wanted afterwards so that she could, for once, get some real time with her granddaughters (she's hardly ever seen them) like she always wanted to - trouble is that she can't stand the heat of our summers ... I feel bad about feeling so selfish about this.

Plus, this year, we hadn't been able to go away on holiday (mainly because of the cost of my last trip to Scotland when my father last took a bad turn) and I had managed to book a long weekend for this week in an air-conditioned place near the beach with a huge water area with slides and whirlpools and stuff and lots of activities for the girls. They were SO excited It's not going to be easy to be a fun mum with all this going on in my head ... but I will do my best. I've already sp?ken to them and given them enough information to understand what is going on around them but not enough to stress them out.

Et voil?, that's what's on my mind ... Thanks for asking.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

cjh1203 replied to fcl's response:
I'm really sorry, FCL, about everything. Do you mean that you can't get there before tomorrow, or a week from tomorrow? Another week would be agonizing, but you can only do what you can do. Are there any airlines that would book you earlier because it's a family emergency?

Once you get there, I'm sure your resentment about the timing will disappear. In the meantime, don't feel guilty about anything. Your feelings are understandable and natural.

I'll be thinking about you -- what a sad time.

IslandL replied to fcl's response:
((((Hugs FCL))))

stephs_3_kidz replied to fcl's response:
FCL, I am so, so sorry. This has to be so hard for you. ((HUGS))

Spotlight: Member Stories

Yes, the sidewalk can be curvy but in the sun's rays it is straight. I once had a severe problem but when the truth was uncovered everything was r...More

Helpful Tips

Books for relationships/love
I know we've probably shared this in the past, but I thought it would be nice for the new exchange. These are books I've found to be ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 300 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.