Skip to content

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Please keep my family in your thoughts/prayers.
BalconyBelle posted:
Apologies if this isn't the appropriate board.

My grandfather is in critical condition in ICU, with a 50/50 chance of survival after a ruptured intestine. The next 48hrs will determine whether he lives or dies. Please wish him the best/pray for us.

fcl responded:
I'm so sorry to hear that. He will be in my thoughts. I'm sending all of the positive vibes I can.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

kristinmarie722 responded:
(((HUGS))) and prayers coming your way!

gd9900 responded:
Your grandfather, you, and your family are in my thoughts. Many huggs to you.

cjh1203 responded:
Grandparents are such special, important people in our lives. I hope your grandfather will recover -- you'll be in my thoughts.

MissCaptainKirk responded:
I will be thinking of/praying for you and your family, and for your grandfather that he will not be in pain whether he lives or passes on.
Much love to you <3

stephs_3_kidz responded:
I'm so sorry. (((HUGS))) I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

sc_cat responded:
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

BalconyBelle replied to sc_cat's response:
Thank you all sooooo much!

I just got an update on his condition--he seems to be fighting through, his condition is stablizing, and as long as that continues through the rest of today, they'll think of moving him out of ICU and into a regular hospital room tomorrow.

cjh1203 replied to BalconyBelle's response:
That's great news, BB -- I'm glad the doctors are so optimistic!

fcl replied to BalconyBelle's response:
Thank goodness! I'm glad to hear he's making progress!
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

alaska_mommy replied to BalconyBelle's response:
Hoping to hear more good news! Hugs!!

BalconyBelle replied to alaska_mommy's response:
He was moved to a normal hospital room about 30min. ago...the drugs he was given are making him hallucinate & be severely agitated, but we've been told it's a common & expected side effect.

The doctors are telling us that his prognosis is looking good (no garantees), but if things continue to go well, he'll be able to do out patient recovery at a rest home by the end of next week, and be able to come home by the end of August.

cjh1203 replied to BalconyBelle's response:
That's great, BB. You and your family must be so relieved. I hope he continues to improve and get out of the hospital next week.

alaska_mommy replied to BalconyBelle's response:
Wow, that is really great news! Good to hear.

Spotlight: Member Stories

22 yr old female. Came to Webmd for pregnancy issues at first and stumbled upon the former Couple Coping message board. Mother, daughter, and friend. ...More

Helpful Tips

Get on with your life.
Once they cheat, believe me they will always cheat, they don't know the real meaning of true love & devotion. If it bothered him in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 8 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.