Skip to content

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Do you believe in love at first sight?
Anon_234655 posted:
Do you think there is such a thing as love at first sight? Have you ever experienced it?

mrslee97658 responded:
I've never experienced it but I do believe it exists, however I have fallen in love with my DH after the first kiss.

stephs_3_kidz responded:
I believe there is that moment when you meet someone and you know instantly that you can see yourself fallling in love with them and spending the rest of your life with them.

When I met my DH I was 17. I was with him for about an hour when I realized that he was someone I could be with long-term.

gd9900 responded:
My experience with love at first sight was the first time I met eyes with my son...and then again with my daughter. And once again with my beloved dog.

I have not experienced romantic love at first sight. I have locked eyes with someone of the opposite sex and felt a connection or chemistry before but I guess for me that didn't transpose into what I'd call "love" at first sight.

It's not that I don't believe it exists - I've heard stories from ppl I know and I find it intruiging. It doesn't happen to exist for me.

kristinmarie722 responded:
With my current SO I met him like 3 years ago. We were both with other people. (me with my son's dad). But I was attracted to him in this strange way. Like I was always interested in hearing what he was up to. (he is a friend of my friends/neighbors) Fast forward to this past spring, we were both single and started texting. So the first time we hung out together after that, he was outside the house (at the neighbors/friends) and I was walking over there (feeling SUPER nervous and scared) and we made eye contact and I just felt this connection to him.
We have been together 6 months now and I am totally in love and he has made my life so much better.

So yes, I believe it. More so from the connection side.

FCL responded:
It was the 13th March 1983. I was working in a hotel in the Alps during the ski season. I looked out of the window of room 17 and saw this tall, dark, shamefully good-looking guy striding across the carpark, blue ski jacket, skis on his shoulder ... and my heart went into a tailspin. We had our first "date" on the 15th and he never left. We're still together after all these years.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined this board for some "real world" feedback concerning relationship issues I was experiencing. Everything about the board and it'...More

Helpful Tips

Books for relationships/love
I know we've probably shared this in the past, but I thought it would be nice for the new exchange. These are books I've found to be ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 300 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.