Skip to content

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Confessions 10/4 thru 10/9 What's the most painful thing you have ever experienced?
GuardSquealer posted:
I did something really stupid today and dropped a piece of farm equipment on my foot. It hit right in the middle of the top of my foot and it hurts pretty bad. I think I might have broke something. But I can walk on it so I think I will live.

But that isn't the most painful thing I have experienced. Three years ago I fractured my ankle and they put a plate and screws in it. After the surgery they quit giving me morphine a few hours before I was to go home and said to start taking some pain pills. Well by the time I made it home and then my wife went back out to get the prescription filled the meds had wore off. And it took several hours for the pills to subdue the pain. I actually sat and cried tears it hurts so bad.

And when I had my hernia repair a few years ago. That hurt pretty bad also. Especially sitting down and getting back up.

But the leg was the worse.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mrslee97658 responded:
The most painful thing I have ever experienced was the birth of my last child. I know women say child birth is painful blah, blah, blah but my last one hurt soooo bad I litterally pulled the baby out while I was pushing just to ease the pain lol......He was sunny side up and turned into position while I pushed that was why it hurt so much. But I am glad I am never doing that again lol. Also the pain afterwards was almost so unbearable I almost passed out numerous times and the pain medication couldn't even touch the pain. Luckily I only felt like that for a few days.....
Me 28, DH 43, DS1 (11), DD (8), DS2 (5), DS 3 (4), DS 4 (2 months)

ImMe26 responded:
The most physical pain was child birth, my oldest daughter had "shoulder dystocia". So she was stuck by her shoulders in the birth canal.Several Dr's and nurse's rushed over and they all pushed my stomack down by her feet and scooped her right now...thank God she didnt break her collar bone (which usually happens, with babies with shoulder dystocia).

Emotional pain was the death of my mother, that hurt worse than child birth :O( I was the one that found her, tried to resusitate(sp?) her and paid for her funeral. Hardest saddest thing ive ever had to do. Im still not right and there is a HUGE void in my life I can never fill.
Don't put off tomorrow, what you can accomplish today!! Procrastination is a KILLER!!--ME(26)SO(28)DD1(10yr)DD2(8yr)DS(2yr)SO's-DD(8yr)DS1(6yrs)DD(5yr)LUV THEM ALL ALWAYS WANTED A HUGE FAMILY

mrslee97658 replied to ImMe26's response:
((((hugs))))ImMe
Me 28, DH 43, DS1 (11), DD (8), DS2 (5), DS 3 (4), DS 4 (2 months)

candy352 responded:
I don't think I've ever really been in a situation that caused me severe pain, which is probably why I think I have a pain disorder. I'm soooo scared of pain and I know that the moment is closing in when I will feel the most excruciating pain ever. That is the only thing I am afraid of about the childbirth.
Candy 26, DF 36, PG with 1st child, EDD 1/6/12

BalconyBelle replied to candy352's response:
The most painful thing I've ever experienced was miscarriage.
http://erynlockhart.wordpress.com

stephs_3_kidz responded:
Yeah, I'll have to chime in with the childbirth thing, too. And recovery from a c-section. They're pretty much neck in neck.

The MOST painful one was when my 1st daughter was born-ALL my kids were face up which makes for worse back labor and pretty much constant pain. I got to the hospital dilated to 4 and in zero pain, until the 'real' fun (LOL) began.

Long story short--I finally had to get an epidural when I was 9 cm dilated. It was a horrible, painful birth and I just don't know how women who choose not to get an epidural have it in them to have another child the same way again.. LOL

stephs_3_kidz replied to ImMe26's response:
((HUGS))

I have to say the worst emotional pain for me was when my dad died suddenly from a massive heart attack.

I don't think you ever really get over it, you just learn to adjust your life without that person in it. But yeah..it's been 11 years for me and I only miss him more.

ImMe26 replied to stephs_3_kidz's response:
My mom died suddenly from a massive heart attack as well. Not even 2yrs yet. (
Don't put off tomorrow, what you can accomplish today!! Procrastination is a KILLER!!--ME(26)SO(28)DD1(10yr)DD2(8yr)DS(2yr)SO's-DD(8yr)DS1(6yrs)DD(5yr)LUV THEM ALL ALWAYS WANTED A HUGE FAMILY

ImMe26 replied to ImMe26's response:
Stupid emoticons...LOL......I always get that weird face.....so not supposed to be there...of course.

3point14 responded:
The worst pain I've ever been in was at a concert I went to in lieu of my senior prom. Some girl grabbed me by the hair and bashed my face over her knee a few times because she mistook me for someone else. My nose was kinda shattered, forehead bruised, black eye, and my second concussion. Not fun.

A year or so before that I'd had my nose broken on a locker in high school. That was excruciating because it was so unexpected.

I confess I'm thinking about leaving my job. There's a co-worker of mine who's been making my life hellish, and when I've gone to every manager about it, it's been pooh-poohed. Everyone who works with us directly can see how little she respects me and how poorly she treats me, and despite other co-workers of mine speaking up in my defense, nothing's changing. It's getting to the point where I hate going to work, and I'd rather just do something else than dread my day-to-day, but I'm scared because security means a lot to me...

Elle0317 replied to BalconyBelle's response:
Me too.

LovelyChelle8 responded:
I think the most painful thing I've experienced was in one of my back molars. I had woke one night and the left side of my mouth just hurt terribly, I thought I had something stuck in my tooth and eventually the pain went away. it didn't come back till maybe 2 days later again at night. I told my mom about it and she said maybe I had a cavity but I might need a root canal.

Well this all happened 2 weeks after my yearly check up and a week after my cruise so I was mad. After getting to the point of 8-9 advils a day plus oragel at night I went to my dentist. Now I have the deepest, deepest fear of the dentist, I have to be mildly sedated for a routine cleaning LOL. Well after he took an x-ray and did a few tests he told me some work a previous dentist did on that tooth caused the nerve to start dying and that was causing my pain.

I had the root canal and after panicking because of all the horror stories about them, I had it done. I didn't feel anything and after a day or two felt amazing again.

Another time I felt a lot of pain was when I had a pretty awful bladder infection and was urinating blood. I cried a lot when going to the bathroom and then had to go through 3 different cathater (sp) tests which were miserable. (All this happened around the same time as my tooth) So needless to say I wasn't in the best mood that month LOL.

GuardSquealer replied to ImMe26's response:
Sounds like some painful child births taking place. My wife and her best friend were both pregnant at the same time and decided they didn't want to have epideruals, well after my wife was in labor for about five hours she asked for one and they told her it was too late. She pushed for 45 minutes. She suffered alot.

Her friend gave birth a month or so later and changed her mind almost immeadiately, had the epidural and pretty much enjoyed the rest of the delivery.

My wife wasn't real happy about that.

alaska_mommy replied to GuardSquealer's response:
Yeah I'd say childbirth was the most painful thing I've been through. I was on Pitocin and did it with no painkillers. It felt like he was going to have to break something in order to get out. But I only pushed for 45 minutes and he wasn't breech or anything, so it could have been much worse. I'm still waffling on doing an epidural next time. They scare me almost more than natural childbirth.

Spotlight: Member Stories

You think you know, but you have no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helpful Tips

Get on with your life.
Once they cheat, believe me they will always cheat, they don't know the real meaning of true love & devotion. If it bothered him in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.