Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Time
GuardSquealer posted:
As I get older it seems that time goes by quicker. Thinking back to when I was a child the summer seemed to last forever. Now it seems it is over before it even starts.

Someone explained this phenomenon that say when you are 6 years old a year is one sixth of your life. But when you are 45 it equals 1/45th of your life. So compared to the amount of time you have lived time gets smaller with each second.

This theory makes sense to me. What are your feelings on this?

tmlmtlrl responded:
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

LOL! It does make sense but I don't like it

Maybe it's not that time gets smaller but that we get bigger? Just messin w/ya
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

GuardSquealer replied to tmlmtlrl's response:
I can never find my cell phone when I need it. lol

3point14 responded:
The theory definitely makes sense to me, but I've also felt that the happier I am, the more willing I am to try to slow time...not actually "slow time", but willing to take a few moments and really be where I am when I am how I am. I'm better able to take stock of why I am content, and able to appreciate it.

I feel like humans have a lot more conscious power over the passage of time than what they typically do with it.I feel like when people are more willing to focus on moments, minutes become less relevant and time becomes directly proportionate to what level of attention you give it.

And that's my stoner rant for the day

kristinmarie722 responded:
I feel like it's the busier you are (as an adult), time goes faster.

I miss long lazy summers

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I think part of the reason summer seemed to last longer was because as a kid, you literally had nothing to do all summer. Now remember, this was before a kid's whole summer was filled with sports camp, music camp, cheer camp, foreign language school, etc. When I was a kid, we didn't do a darn thing over the summer except stay up late, swim a lot, and sleep in late.

Now, as adults, the majority of us don't have the luxury of taking the entire summer off to do nothing and as a result, there isn't anything special about summer anymore.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I would consider myself a fun person. I get into relationships easy. I have been with my current s/o for 11 1/2 years.

Helpful Tips

How to change my story
I went to my community profile and it would let me edit my picture and signature but would not let me change my story. I had just realized ... More
Was this Helpful?
135 of 144 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.