Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Well, well, well ...
fcl posted:
Looks like you're all off enjoying your Thanksgiving weekend. There's only me and the echo here ...

Guard, it really is time you went back to third shift

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Right, I'm off to chop a ton of logs.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

darlyn05 responded:
I wish I was better able to be able to do more physical things like you, chopping logs. I do really hate the condition of my back. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I'm here. I'm off the next four days so I won't be checking in much.

This board has been pretty quiet for several days. Maybe everyone is taking extra time off.

GuardSquealer responded:
Somedays are pretty busy. I was checking it to post happy thanksgiving to everyone and saw this post. So I hope everyone has a good holiday. I am off tomorrow, but have decided to work overtime in the morning so no one from third gets froze. And I should still make dinner without a problem.

I might have to go back to third shortly anyways. The union is in an uproar over me being assigned here. So they will represent the ones that are upset? But not me?

kristinmarie722 responded:
I am here today for a little bit and then off the rest of the week!

Have a great week!

fcl responded:
Enjoy your family and your holiday, one and all!

Thanksgiving is mainly an American and Canadian holiday so we don't have that here (but we have Bastill Day - nah nah - lol ).

Anything that has people coming together for positive reasons is GOOD in my book. I expect a full run down of everybody's weekend - it'll do you good and will give me a grin.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

fcl replied to darlyn05's response:
Oddly enough, Darlyn, I chop logs to relax. It's one of my quirks - lol

fcl replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Maybe we need to stage an event of some kind to make up for being around? Hmmmm ... my bad sense of humour might just be useful for once!

fcl replied to GuardSquealer's response:
I believe that the expression "crap happens" (they wouldn't let me use te word that starts with an "s" - sigh) might just apply here...

Nice of you to think of others but ... is it to help out the 3rd shift or to avoid having to peel veg? (ducking and running)

I miss your posts early in my day.

fcl replied to kristinmarie722's response:
Make the most of it! Few of us have enough time to sit and watch the flowers grow ... Enjoy!

GuardSquealer replied to fcl's response:
I usually don't help much on Thanksgiving day. We go to my dad's side of the family for Dinner. And my Aunt always has a wonderful dinner prepared. My wife brings some of her cookies for dessert. It worked out well. I pulled up just as they were sitting down for dinner.

The lady that would have been froze gave me a big hug for coming in as she was walking out the door. So I made someone happy, and made a few hundred bucks also. Win Win situation.

alaska_mommy replied to fcl's response:
FCL---I admire you for being able to chop logs! I am such a wimp, I get wiped out doing just a few (the old fashioned way anyway--with an axe and a wedge). So, hat's off to you!

fcl replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Thank you - lol. Personally, I find it exhilarating. It's a stress reliever. Some people run, others cycle, others wear themselves out at the gym, I chop logs ... . My other stress reliever is cooking (I don't count sex because I think it's a stress reliever for everyone). You really want to be around here when I am angry about something ... especially as it's truffle season.

To each their own

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 36 years old and live in the usa. I am married and have two children. I have had my ovaries removed due to pre-cancer cells being found and they ...More

Helpful Tips

Eye contact during sex
Dont make eye contact during sex. You will have less guilt later. Trust me. More
Was this Helpful?
418 of 584 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.