Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Bah! Humbug!
tlkittycat1968 posted:
Okay, am I the only one who does not like being bombarded with Christmas songs all day? The radio station I usually listen to at work started playing Christmas songs 24/7 as of yesterday. As a result, I only listen to the station until they are done with the morning news stories and then change to a different stations. I don't mind it too much when a Christmas song is interspersed with non-Christmas songs but all Christmas songs all the time is way too much for me.

fcl responded:
Consider yourself lucky that it's just for a short period of the year. One of my daughters sings "Jingle Bells" all year round ...
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

stephs_3_kidz responded:
I love Christmas music. It depends on what kind it is, I guess. If it's some annoying version of a song, then yeah..it gets on my nerves quick.

Kind of like Jeff Foxworthy's "12 Redneck Days of Christmas". After I've heard it once or twice and giggled a little, I'm done for the year.

ImMe26 replied to stephs_3_kidz's response:
I blast Christmas music all day everyday off my phone, esp at work doing projects and stuff....listening right now,I like them all !!!

I guess it gets me in the "spirit".
Don't put off tomorrow, what you can accomplish today!! Procrastination is a KILLER!!--ME(26)SO(28)DD1(10yr)DD2(8yr)DS(2yr)SO's-DD(8yr)DS1(6yrs)DD(5yr)LUV THEM ALL ALWAYS WANTED A HUGE FAMILY

3point14 responded:
I work in a store that's been doin' the music thing since Veteran's Day, no joke.

There's some stuff I can listen to endlessly, some stuff I can't stand, most of it I just try to ignore. I feel the same way about music in general, and at least Christmas music is uniformly cheerful.

3point14 replied to fcl's response:
hahahaha! That's adorable, FCL.

goodguy82 replied to 3point14's response:
Me to Pi I am 99% sure we work at the same place, Big corportate retailer optical...Its Christmas music day in and day out.

RoseLynn02 responded:
I love Christmas music, my husband however feels the same as you...he isn't much of a Christmas lover to begin with. I think he hates the fact that it's become so materialized & commercialized, & he would be right about that.

tlkittycat1968 replied to RoseLynn02's response:
But I love Christmas, it's just the music that tends to get on my nerves. I love finding the perfect gift for someone and seeing their reaction when they open it.

RoseLynn02 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I didn't intend to insinuate that you didn't. Sorry. I just simply meant that my husband doesn't care for the music either but he isn't much of a Christmas lover to begin with, which could explain him not caring for the music.

candy352 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Wow, my rave radio station started doing this too a week or so ago. At first, I thought it was because December had just hit, and they wanted to start it off with Christmas music. Um, I was wrong. 24/7 Christmas songs. I didn't know there were so many!!!!! I can stand it for a couple of songs. Good thing the songs are mixed with the news and different discussions.
Candy 26, DF 36, PG with 1st child, EDD 1/6/12

darlyn05 responded:
I don't listen to too much radio. I have been playing some Christmas music. Especially when putting the tree and decorations up. The kids eyes lite up so wide and are eager to help. Then came the history of how Christmas came about. Both versions, religous and how Santa came into play.

I for one believe both versions. And I'm not a, say 'strict religous person'. I can see how St Nick began his crusade on the day of Jesus's birth to emphasize the Lords giving heart.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I really like this picture. Thank you webmd

Helpful Tips

Get on with your life.
Once they cheat, believe me they will always cheat, they don't know the real meaning of true love & devotion. If it bothered him in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.