Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
New Year's Resolution - Confessions --1/1/12
GuardSquealer posted:
I know I am jumping the gun a hair. But I am going to be busy next week and wanted to make sure I got it going.

My resolution is to save some money. By the end of next year I would like to have at least a few thousand in an emergency fund account. Just to have something to fall back on.

And I have gained back more of the weight that I lost than I wanted to. So I am going to attempt to lose some on my own after Christmas. We shall see how that goes.

So put your resolutions up here and we will bring it back up in a few months and see how everyone is doing on them. lol

3point14 responded:
Lose my last ten pounds! Or at least go to the gym five times weekly, on average. If I can't be skinny, I'd like to be jacked.

Spend one day a week with family, be it parents, my Gram, or cousins.

Donate some time or money a month to charity.

Get back to being a fulltime student and employee.

Grow out my hair (and not dye it!).

Start learning Spanish.

fcl responded:
No resolutions here. I would simply like to avoid depresssing people around me. The New Year is very, very hard for me... and this year is harder than most.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

stephs_3_kidz replied to fcl's response:
FCL, ((((HUGS)))). I'm sorry this is such a hard time of year for you.

stephs_3_kidz responded:
I don't make resolutions, simply because I can't remember what I am supposed to be doing from one day to the next so it would be pointless.

I guess I do have goals, mostly involving parenting and being a wife, and doing things around the house, but that's about as complicated as I can get.

kristinmarie722 responded:
I want to work on being a better mother. More patience with my son and more of the 1on1 time my son craves. A lot of it is single mother guilt, so maybe work on not feeling so guilty about that

Save money and quit using my credit cards. I would be fine financially if I could just stop the cycle!

Spend more time with my friends and family or do more things for them, even send cards, etc.
I have been super involved with my SO, which is fine cause it's so new to me to be so in love and have someone treat me so good, but I dont see my family and friends as much.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 26yrs old...I have 3 beautiful children and I work in the healthcare industry...Im getting ready to go thru my first (hopefully my last) divorce..I...More

Helpful Tips

How to change my story
I went to my community profile and it would let me edit my picture and signature but would not let me change my story. I had just realized ... More
Was this Helpful?
135 of 144 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.