Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Valentines Confessions 2/10 thru 2/17/2010 What's the most romantic thing you have done on Valentines day?
GuardSquealer posted:
Have you done anything super romantic on Valentine's day Or know of something someone else has done that you thought was romantic?

I thought getting married on Valentine's day would be romantic. My soon to be wife didn't want a big ceremony so we sort of eloped and then had a reception a while later.

We went to her best friends "house" in Elk Horn City, Kentucky to start with. And then we had a nice little ceremony at her church. A snow storm hit and we were driving my 1986 toyota pickup that was only 2 wheel drive. It was like riding on a sled in the mountains. We were supposed to go on to Lexington and spend a couple nights there. But we couldn't get out of Elk Horn City. Her friend wanted us to stay at her "house", But I refused to spend my wedding night in a house trailer with her friends family. The only hotel in Elkhorn City was a best western i believe.

And that is were we spent the night. It wasn't very romantic, but better than the other option. We made it to Lexington the next day and spent a day there and then headed back home.

We were young and broke. But I think we both enjoyed it.

Maybe we should have taken a better honeymoon.

GuardSquealer responded:
2012 what a dummy......

darlyn05 replied to GuardSquealer's response:
Don't know what "2012 what a dummy" is suppose to mean other than I can see why your wife didn't want to celebrate Valentines Days. Perhaps it's you getting older and remenising. That's ok for yourself. I wouldn't share it with my SO. I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings or anything.

The most romantic thing I've done on Valentines Day was just being at home doing romantic things and giving him the day off. Ribeye steak & lobster dinner with all the fixins from our kitchen, salad, shimp cocktail, mushrooms and the sort. Heart shaped confetti and the short streamers(I don't know what they are actually called) from the front door to the bedroom(plus some in other areas to be found at a later date) cards(funny and serious), special evening wear trailed with that, flowers, wine, whip cream, ice cream toppings,

Muffins up. finish later.

darlyn05 replied to darlyn05's response:
Massage.

fcl responded:
I'm pretty sure that my daughters were conceived on Valentine's Day 2002 ...
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

stephs_3_kidz replied to darlyn05's response:
"2012 what a dummy", darlyn, refers to the title of his post where he accidentally typed 2010. Right there at the top of the page.

Spankyrae responded:
I don't believe I've had a really romantic Valentine's Day. I don't recall anything special, but I do recall the times they sucked, LOL.

It's never been a big deal to me to do anything huge. I bought my BF a Buddha Board, which I saw in our art museum's gift shop. It's a slate that you can paint on with a brush & water; it looks like ink on the board but fades in minutes. So it's non-permanent (which is a big concept in Buddhism).
http://www.AConleyCreation.com/
http://CreativeBlossoming.wordpress.com

darlyn05 replied to stephs_3_kidz's response:
haha! I wasn't reading too closely was I. I paid no attn to the year, only the day dates.

Thanx Steph!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Co-parent of 4 beautiful children. 13, 6yr old twins and our only son who is 2. I work in L.E. (law enforcement). I love bingo and am slowly becoming ...More

Helpful Tips

Eye contact during sex
Dont make eye contact during sex. You will have less guilt later. Trust me. More
Was this Helpful?
418 of 584 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.