Skip to content

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
He's annoying me
An_242149 posted:
I don't know how married couple that both work 9-5 jobs do it. I can't think of a time when my husband has ever annoyed me this much. We're going on 10 years of being together, 4 years married. Do all men find joy in annoying the hell out of their wives? Mine literally enjoys it! He is a pain in my butt. AH!!!! Is this how marriage is? I don't mind it but I need some advice? Is this something that is normal? I hosestly can't think of any couples who have been married for a long time that both work 9-5 jobs. Mostly because of the town I live in. Most of the couples I know have at least one or both who work rotating shifts. I used to but don't anymore. Someone please give me some insight

tlkittycat1968 responded:
We need more detail. How is he annoying you and how does he show that he enjoys annoying you?

stephs_3_kidz responded:
So you're saying that you both work the same shifts for work and are together too much?

Is that what is annoying you? Without having much information it sounds like you don't like being around him. I have no idea why but you don't seem to have a very good attitude toward your marriage.

My husband and I used to work different work schedules and I would long for the days when we had the same hours or days off, because I missed him.

An_242149 responded:
For example: While reading a book the other day, he came and sat down on me. Took my book and started asking me what I was doing. He proceeded to tell me he was bored and when I asked him if he was enjoying himself he replied yes, with a huge smile Same day we were watching a tv show together when he started taking all of the pillows and blankets and poking at me, while tugging my hair and laughing at the same time. This is how I know he enjoys it, and he has told me numerous times he likes to pick on me. Most of the time I don't mind it at all and usually laugh. But when I am sick, like I was when I wrote this and still am, it can get to me. All I really wanted to know is if there are other women out there who have a husband as playfull as mine, that enjoys annoying them.

An_242149 replied to stephs_3_kidz's response:
My husband does contract work for other companies, so there are times when he works only two days a week. Come to think of it, during the summer when he works 6 days a week he doesn't really seem to pick on me. I remember working months of nights and missing him a lot, which is why I took this job.

butterfly19790424 replied to An_242149's response:
Sounds like he just wanted to be playful.

Im the kind of girl who likes that. I normally start the playful play if he doesn't.
A true friend is someone who knows you're
a good egg even if you're a little cracked

stephs_3_kidz replied to An_242149's response:
Has he always been like this? I mean, it sounds like it's just his personality.

naggingwife74 replied to An_242149's response:
It sounds to me like he is needing some attention from you. Do the two of you spend much time together?

alaska_mommy responded:
Why don't you just tell him you're sick and not in the mood for his teasing? If he is respectful he should back off. If he's not backing off then there's a problem.

An_242149 responded:
Thanks everyone

Spotlight: Member Stories

I work third shift, and I spend a lot of time checking out Webmd. I use to go to a lot of different boards, but now I primarily spend my time on coupl...More

Helpful Tips

Get on with your life.
Once they cheat, believe me they will always cheat, they don't know the real meaning of true love & devotion. If it bothered him in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.