Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Sharing Happy News
Foreverinyoureyes2 posted:
Just wanted to share with you wonderful folks that I am going to be a Grandma!

My daughter is very newly pregnant.

She is young...but the same age that I was when I had her, and she is a wonderful young woman, and I think she will be a wonderful Mom. I know that I will be a terrific Grandma!!!

I wouldn't have picked this path for her, but it is what it is. She is happy. Her boyfriend is kind and gentle person that will be a good dad.

When she told me, she had just taken the positive test, and was unsure how she felt about it herself. She has now grown used to the idea and is very excited and happy. She knows she has my full support and is very relieved about that.

After she told me, we were texting back and forth that night, and I kept telling her how wonderful she is, and she will be a great mom, etc...all the things a mom does, and she finally said,:

"You are making me cry mom! Why can't you just call me a slut and throw a chair at me, like Jordan's mom did when she told her she was pregnant?"

I explained to her, that she is a grown up and that there is no call for that behavior ever. We will treat this as a blessing, because the moment we all see that little face it WILL be nothing but a blessing.

This is probably normal, but I find myself much more worried about MY baby and her health, mental well being, etc, than I am about HER baby at this point.

I will keep you all posted as we go along...Hope everyone is well and happy.

queston responded:
Congrats. It sounds like you have a very reasonable attitude toward what your role is as the parent of an adult.

3point14 responded:
((hugs))

I think you handled it very well, and she's lucky to have a Mom with whom she can talk to about everything she's facing.

Enjoy being a Gramma-to-be!

stephs_3_kidz responded:
Wow, you handled that so very well. I like to think I'd be the same way. My mom is the kind who would have called me a slut and thrown something at me. What's done is done, no need to argue or make her feel bad, it sounds like she's beating herself up enough.

So, congrats! And I hope your daughter has a healthy pregnancy and baby.

SC_Cat responded:
Congrats on your wonderful news! Your daughter is very lucky to have a GREAT mom like you... Wish the best for you and your growing family...

MissCaptainKirk responded:
I think your response to this news is absolutely wonderful. You're focusing on the good and not the negative, and I'm sure that's what she needs right now.

Congrats on becoming a Grandma, I'm sure you will make a great one!

Spotlight: Member Stories

simply put im 41 my wife's 38 we have been married 19 yrs. have three children monica-19, shawn-16, samantha-13, my wife has diabetes, acute bi-po...More

Helpful Tips

Eye contact during sex
Dont make eye contact during sex. You will have less guilt later. Trust me. More
Was this Helpful?
418 of 584 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.