Skip to content

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Update
queston posted:
You may recall that my wife had been on the pill for about 3.5 years, to regulate periods during perimenopause and ease her mood swings. (Contraception is not an issue--I had a vasectomy years ago. Plus, of course she may not even be ovulating any more.)

She discontinued the pill a couple months ago. She reports that her libido seems to be returning.

That's good news, of course. We're talking about some of our non-libido related issues and making some slow, steady progress. The main problem, in my opinion, is that our relationship has become very one-sided, in parenting (we've made a lot of progress on that front), in the bedroom, and in general.

I definitely think that midlife-crisis emotional issues have played a big role in the struggles we've had: definitely on her part on may on mine as well. But we are in a much, much better place with our marriage than we were a year ago.

BalconyBelle responded:
Congratulations!!! I wish you the best of luck moving forward.
http://erynlockhart.wordpress.com

3point14 responded:
I'm so glad for you both! I hope you both stay motivated and keep up the great work on improvement.

darlyn05 responded:
Congratulations! Wishing you the best on continued success.

queston responded:
Heh. I jinxed it, I guess--we had a pretty terrible weekend.

Hopefully just a bump in the road.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was browsing on Webmd researching and came accross the community experts tab. There are an overwhelming amount of boards to look at. I am not sure w...More

Helpful Tips

How to change my story
I went to my community profile and it would let me edit my picture and signature but would not let me change my story. I had just realized ... More
Was this Helpful?
135 of 144 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.