Skip to content

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Another Update
Foreverinyoureyes2 posted:
My step-kids mom passed away last night at about 10 pm.

It was a long, bitter fight to the end for her, and she has been an inspiration to all that have known her.

The kids are all doing remarkably well. Although telling them this news was the hardest thing that Steve or myself have ever done. (When my ex husband was killed, the coroner told our daughter, and she told the rest of us. So I never actually had to say those words out loud to my kids.)

We are in that surreal twilight that comes after these types of events. Everyone feeling like there is something that should be done, but not knowing what that might be.

I appreciate the support and sage advice that I have gotten on this board for 2 years now related to this matter. You are all wonderful cyber friends. Thank you.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Even though I didn't post, I've been thinking about you and your family. I hope knowing you're being thought of helps even if I didn't know what to say.

stephs_3_kidz responded:
(((HUGS))) to you and your family, FIYE. You're a very strong person but sometimes life just gets hard, doesn't it?

Praying for strength for all of you in the coming days.

fcl responded:
All I can do is send you all the positive vibes I can to help you in that strange limbo-like emptiness that comes after a loss. I'm truly sorry that any of you had to go through this.

(((((HUGS)))))

Take the time to be kind to yourself.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

kristinmarie722 responded:
(((HUGS)))

Thinking of you and your family during this time.

mrslee97658 responded:
Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.
Me 28, DH 43, DS1 (12), DD (9), DS2 (5), DS 3 (4), DS 4 (6 months)

darlyn05 responded:
I too am thinking of you and your family, and placed you in my prayers.

PS I don't view it as saga. The circle of life.

IslandL responded:
I appreciate you taking the time to tell us FIYE. Many times I've thought of you and your family and wondered how your step-kids Mom was doing -it felt unseemly to ask outright on the internet.

((((Hugs to you and all of yours))))

Lisa

MissCaptainKirk responded:
Hey, I lurk on here from time to time and saw this post. I just want to say I'm sorry about this rough patch and I will keep you and your husband and especially the kids in my thoughts.

<3

Foreverinyoureyes2 responded:
Good Afternoon, friends.

Just thought I would give you a little mini-update.

First, I appreciate all of the kind words and concern from this board. You are all wonderful souls.

It has been a hectic couple of weeks as you can imagine. The service for the kids mom was last Saturday. I was worried it would be heartwrenching, personal service, full of friends and family sharing memories and emotions. It wasn't. There were 3 pastors there, and they all basically gave church sermons, utilizing her strength against adversity as their platform, but it wasn't what you would call personal. I was glad of that for the kids sake. That would have been hard to stand.

The kids are doing remarkably well. Honestly, there actual lives didn't change that much. They have lived with us full time and only seen their mom about once a week for a couple of hours since Aug when she got so ill. So logistically, there lives are pretty much the same.

My oldest step daughter knew it was coming, and had already made peace with it. She is greatful that her mom is no longer in pain. She is good about keeping me posted on her emotional status, and asking for what she needs emotionally, and I value that.

The two younger kids seem to be doing well also. I have been in close contact with the school and both teachers and the guidance councelor have shared that they are doing fine at school as well. I am watching for signs of something going on under the surface, but they seem like there own sweet selves. Playing with friends, doing their homework, eating and sleeping well.

They all impress me with there resilency. The middle daughter put it really well to her brother and sister when she said, "Mom would be sad if we were sad all of the time." And how true that is. It would break her heart to think that they couldn't be happy, so I think they are really honoring her by working hard to re-claim a new sort of normal in there lives.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am in a sexless marriage but I don't like it this way. However, given the fact that next week would be our 47th anniversary, our children are g...More

Helpful Tips

Books for relationships/love
I know we've probably shared this in the past, but I thought it would be nice for the new exchange. These are books I've found to be ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 300 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.