Another Causulity of War...My 2nd Cousin
RoseLynn02 posted:
My cousin's son was killed Sunday night in east Afghanistan. The vehicle he was riding in ran over an IED. He was 22yrs old. Our family was very proud of him and he will be our hero forever. He will be in our hearts always and today would like to send him and my cousin my love. I would like to ask all of those who come across this post to please take a moment of silence, prayer, and reflection in honor of all the soldiers we lost as well as the ones who are still there in honor of my cousin's son. Thank you for you time.

kristinmarie722 responded:
(((HUGS))) So sorry for your loss and your family's loss.

Thinking of your cousin who risked his life to protect mine and my family's. Very grateful... and sadden.

ImMe26 responded:
So sorry as well . ((HUGS))

I will forever appreciate the soldiers and what they do......

My heart and prayers are with you and yours..
Don't put off tomorrow, what you can accomplish today!! Procrastination is a KILLER!!--ME(26)SO(28)DD1(10yr)DD2(8yr)DS(2yr)SO's-DD(8yr)DS1(6yrs)DD(5yr)LUV THEM ALL ALWAYS WANTED A HUGE FAMILY

tlkittycat1968 responded:
While I have never lost a family member to the horrors of war, I feel for your family.

Words cannot express how thankful and proud I am of our military, whatever branch they are in or whatever role they play. God only knows where the US would be without such wonderful soldiers.

RoseLynn02 responded:
Thank you to all of you who took the time to read and respond to this post. Our soldiers are all heroes who risk their lives to protect ours and our right to freedom. My cousin lost his life for our country and I will always be grateful to him for that as well as to all of our fallen soldiers and those lucky to still be alive. I appreciate all of you taking the time to show respect for another fallen soldier even though you did not know him. Thank you again.

3point14 responded:
<3 ((hugs))

That poor man. My heart goes out to you and your family. You'll be in my prayers.

MissCaptainKirk responded:
My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Keepin you in my thoughts and prayers. *hugs*

Much love to you. <3

RoseLynn02 replied to 3point14's response:
Thank you hunny. How have you been? Haven't spoken to you in a while.

RoseLynn02 replied to MissCaptainKirk's response:
Thank you. My family appreciates that very much.

SC_Cat responded:
I am so sorry for your loss... I am so scared every day that I will get that call or visit telling me that my son has been hurt or killed over there... I prayer every day for my son and all of our soldiers.... 3 more months before my son comes home... I am very excited about him being back on this side of the world... then onto the next scary part, he has been accepted into SOAR (special operations)... he is very excited, Mom is very scared...

Everyone prayer for all of our soldiers all over the world... Without our troops were wouldn't have the freedoms that we do..

RoseLynn... Bless you and your family for your loss...

RoseLynn02 replied to SC_Cat's response:
Thank you very much. My 2nd cousin had only been there for 2wks from what I've been told. It's probably some of the worst news you could ever get...I can't even imagine what my cousin is going through. I'll keep your son in my thoughts and please let us know he gets home safe. I would be scared if it was my kid too. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that for yrs since my kids are only 4yrs and 1yr and even when they hit that age maybe they wont want to join and I wont have to fear for them daily?...I can only hope. If they did join the military I would be so proud of them though. I'm grateful to your son for risking his life to protect the rights and freedom of my family and all the rest in your country. Thank you for that. You must be proud. Sounds like you raised a very brave and honorable young man.