Skip to content

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Hey Pi...
queston posted:
I mean this in the nicest, most harmless and non-creepy way that a middle-age married man could say this to a young woman...

Your picture is absolutely beautiful.

I love the hairstyle. I'm around a lot of people your age all the time, and I love it when young people find a way to have a little personality in their appearance but still have a suitably professionally acceptable style. (You have your whole future to look like just another corporate drone, or just another mom in mom jeans, or just another middle-aged woman with boy hair, or whatever)

You look great!

3point14 responded:
Thanks, man.

I really, really appreciate it. I had a hair stylist chop off liiiike a foot a little while ago and I was really nervous about it. I think short suits me better, though. I've also been really "together" about my appearance lately, seeing a dermatologist and orthodontist to fix some of my more "eh" cosmetic issues, and I'm feeling really, really optimistic. I get hit on frequently now. hahaha Kind of nerve-wracking, but I'm workin' on it...

...I also had my first therapy appointment yesterday. So I've been really especially serious about fixing the inside and outside.

You've made my day. I so appreciate your kindness. I'd never go with beautiful, but I'm working hard to have a better inside for the outside to reflect.

MissCaptainKirk responded:
Oh my freaking gosh I agree with queston. You're so beautiful! And hot!
And I, too, hope you don't find this creepy haha.

3point14 replied to MissCaptainKirk's response:
  • *blushing

hahaha Not creepy, very sweet. Thanks, MCK.

And it's good to see ya back 'round
  •  
    tlkittycat1968 responded:
    I agree. It looks great.

I once saw a young lady with pink hair at the train station and didn't know how to tell her that it looked really good on her without it sounding sarcastic.

And hey, if fixing your more cosmetic issues is wat it takes for you to feel better about yourself, go for it.

3point14 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
    hahaha As a weirdo physically, honestly I do worry sometimes that people are being sarcastic when they say nice things. My dermatologist noticed my shoulder tattoos today and read 'em and said "Oh nice" and I said "Follies of youth" and he laughed and said "No, really! They're nice!".

Thanks, kittycat. You're very nice.

RoseLynn02 replied to 3point14's response:
    You really are beautiful hun. I kind of wondered what you looked like after talking to you off and on for so long now. You're very beautiful. What does your tattoo say?

3point14 replied to RoseLynn02's response:
    thanks honey. on one shoulder it says "you can do what you want to, whenever you want to" and then the other side is "you can do what you want to, there's no one to stop you". from the elliott smith song "big nothing". it sounds really empowering, but the next line (not part of my tattoo) is "oh, it doesn't mean a thing, big nothing".

kind of a reminder to myself to be fearless, because what i do is so small in compared with the universe.

goodguy82 replied to 3point14's response:
    So I just have to jump on the kiss Pi butt kiss party...I have been reading (mosty) and posting some on here for the last three years or so. And I just have to tell you Pi I have a huge crush on your brain!! I have always suspected you were a looker, but I could have not of been more mistaken your down right gorgeous! Brains and beauty what a deadly combination M is so lucky!!

3point14 replied to goodguy82's response:
    Ha! That's nice of you. I remember you offering good insight to people, goodguy, you should post more! Goodness knows people need the help.

hahaha I'll pass on the "lucky" comment to M, but really, I'm totally the lucky one. I came home yesterday to a bouquet of my favorite flowers and reservations to my favorite Chinese food place.

fcl responded:
    I'm afraid I laughed out loud when I saw your photo. Why? Because this was exactly how I had pictured you It really was a surprise! And, by the way, I fully agree with queston - you look great!
    There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

darlyn05 responded:
    It's unanimous! You look Great. Just knowing you from the exchanges/boards I can't think of a better look/style that fits you as the whole person you are.

And congratulations on all of your achievements! It seems that you and the energizer bunny may be connected in some way. LOL

3point14 replied to fcl's response:
    hehehe I sometimes think how cool it would be to see everyone face-to-face on these boards...really interesting to see if peoples' online "voices" reflect their appearance and mannerisms.

hahaha Darlyn, yeah I've been basically nonstop lately, it's all been really good stuff though so it's invigorating rather than draining. I adopted an abused kitty and a lot of my life has been getting her adjust to her new home the last few months, and I'm working on getting back into fulltime school for the fall. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the nice words everyone, and hope you've all been doing well!

RoseLynn02 replied to 3point14's response:
    Very nice. I think goodguy's got a crush. Very sweet. And M is lucky to have such an intelligent and beautiful girl like you by his side. FCL and Darlyn are right too, you're looks do match your personality.Oh and how has your kitty been doing by the way?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 32 yr old divorced mom with a 13 yr old son. Life over the past year has been very trying and confusing. I am recently divorced and still wo...More

Helpful Tips

Books for relationships/love
    I know we've probably shared this in the past, but I thought it would be nice for the new exchange. These are books I've found to be ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    30 of 300 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.