Skip to content

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Summer is almost here. Have anything to confess?
GuardSquealer posted:
Working some OT this evening. And I have access to my old computer.
So anything you want to confess about the upcoming summer?

Me, I am really looking forward to going boating with the wife. Bought a boat and it turns out that it needed alot more work than I imagined. But I think I can get her sea worthy in the next couple weeks and have it on the water by the end of May. At least I hope.

I also confess that I have almost doubled my salary so far this year. I noticed on my pay stub my OT pay for the year is almost as much as my regular pay. I hope I can keep it up all summer.

My daughter has been running the farm since I went to first shift. She does a pretty good job, but she doesn't keep things as nice I would like them to be. Hopefully she will learn.

I still miss third shift. It was nice to do nothing all night. First shift keeps me moving all day. My legs and feet are wore out by the evening. And my work crew has been doing a great job. We constantly get complements on how nice the place looks. They are the only reason I will probably stay on first shift. They are in an 18 month apprenticeship program and I am in charge of it. So I would hate to leave them after they have made a committment and have being putting in an effort.

Miss you guys.

BalconyBelle responded:
Congrats on the paychecks Guard, and I'm glad your crew's doing good.

I confess that for the 1st time in six years, I'm single. My fiance broke up with me because he doesn't feel that he has time for a relationship right now, and I let him because I'm sick of being the only one trying to keep us together.

Right now, I'm so burnt out on the relationship that I'm not sure it was ever worth saving, much less trying to bring back from the dead when summer rolls around (which is when he'd theoretically have time for 'us'). This latest event has come on the heels of so many heartbreaks I can't even bring myself to cry.
http://erynlockhart.wordpress.com

ImMe26 responded:
Hey Guard. Nice to hear from you.

Very quite here lately.

Im going to be at the pool alot and BBQ-ing m tail off. Ready to be tan..LOL..

Confessions..?HMmm I got my license finally, darn thing cost me about $1,300...if anything happens to it, I will probably sling myself off a bridge....LOL...Most exspensive thing I own...Other than that, things are holding steady over here. No complaints.
Don't put off tomorrow, what you can accomplish today!! Procrastination is a KILLER!!--ME(26)SO(28)DD1(10yr)DD2(8yr)DS(2yr)SO's-DD(8yr)DS1(6yrs)DD(5yr)LUV THEM ALL ALWAYS WANTED A HUGE FAMILY

3point14 replied to BalconyBelle's response:
BB, I'm so sorry. It sounds like it was for the best, but that's still really tough. ((hugs))

Guard, congrats on the money!! Sounds like your work is satisfying too, if more difficult. You're doing a good thing in these peoples lives.

I confess I'm going on vacation with some friends for the weekend, and I'm looking incredibly forward to it. A jacuzzi, a fireplace, a loft, multiple hiking trails and swimming...My friend is paying for the cabin and all I'm paying for is the food and booze. Really, really excited.

I confess therapy is helping.

Foreverinyoureyes2 replied to 3point14's response:
Balcony--I am sorry to read your sad news. Your advice is always so spot on, I hate to hear that you are struggling yourself. Best of luck for a quick healing.

I confess that I am getting more and more excited everyday about becoming a Grandma. On May 15th my daughter finds out if it is a boy or a girl. I sincerely have no preferance either way, and neither does she. I just want to meet this little person that I am going to love for the rest of my life!

My daughter has impressed me to the point of total humbleness throughout this experience. She is just so capable. I was not like that at 21. She has researched and implemented all of the services that she is eligable for. She has already researched pediatricians. She also has found a place for her small family to live, and negiotated a better deal than was advertised.

Her insecurities are all based around her relationship with her child. She provides before school child care for my 2 younger step kids, so she arrived today and she said, "You were close with your mom, and I am close with you, do you think that my child and I will have that close relationship?" I assured her that she has all of the innate skills to develop that type of relationship with her child. I think that the very fact that she worries about these issues is an indicator that she will be dedicated to building a great relationship with her child.

BalconyBelle replied to Foreverinyoureyes2's response:
Thank you ladies, I really appreciate it I'm glad therapy is helping, Pi, and I want to know all about the vacation getaway when you get back. FIYE, I think your daughter is off to a great start---and I agree, the very fact that she IS worried about developing a close relationship is a testament to her drive to make sure it will happen.

I got through my first week single; it's been weird since I'm new to this city and don't have any friends here yet. I've gone to karaoke and had a blast singing Settlin' by Sugarland among other moving on-type songs, played Rockband on Xbox live, I'll be doing a little retail therapy tomorrow, and I'm about to start a 2nd job.

Hello, 70 hr workweeks.

The upside is I'm keeping myself busy, and if I can hold it together, I might be able to get myself into a home of my own by this time next year.

GuardSquealer responded:
I want to tell what happened to me friday night. However it is a very tragic story and if you are very sensitive you may not want to read it.

This past friday night probably was the worst night of my life. I had worked a double and was supposed to be coming back in Saturday to work another double. I got home around 11 pm, talked for a while, got a shower and was in bed around 12 am. Had to get up at 5 am.

About 1 am the dogs were barking. I was sound asleep by jumped up to see what was going on, Lola has a very different bark when something serious is going on. We had a lot of rain Friday evening and my front field was under a lot of water. So I opened the door to let the dogs out and was surprised to find someone standing on the porch.

After getting the dogs back in, she asked me if I owned horses. Told her yes, and she said that there was one in the road in front of my house. We sit back quite a ways. I grabbed a shirt and slipped on some tennis shoes and headed out. Half way out she headed back to the house. I yelled to let her know where I was and she said she thought there had been an accident, there was another horse in the ditch and car parts on the road. She called the sheriff.

My daughter brought home two horse she found on craigslist that had been neglected and mistreated. She did this a couple weeks ago. One was blind and the other seemed to be a seeing eye horse for him. He would somehow tell the blind horse where the food was and was very protective of him. He would try and keep him from hitting the fence and just took really good care of the blind horse. It was actually neat to watch. However I knew it was a bad idea to have a blind horse on the farm as they actually dangerous. And can accidentally hurt someone or themselves very easily. I told my daughter several times that we needed to get rid of the blind horse due to the liability. But she would say that her boyfriend was attached to him and she didn't have the heart to get rid of it.

So anyways back to Friday night. I get to the road and the seeing eye horse is laying in the ditch dead. A car had hit him and left the scene of the accident. The blind horse was standing near his body clearly upset. I approached him and he just took off. The sheriff showed up and we discussed the situation. I tried to catch the blind horse a while longer and decided to wake up my daughter to help me. I told her what had happened and we both went back out.

We would talk to him and get close, but as soon as we touched him he would bolt away. Once I thought I had him, but he bolted hit the electric fence and then turned and ran me right over. He hit me hard, knocked me down and then stepped on me about 10 times.

We tried for 3 hours to catch him. The whole time in total darkness, with a flashlight and the 4 wheeler. We tired every trick we know for catching a horse. But every time we would touch him he would freak out. We finally got him back into his original pen with wooden fence. Thought we had him then, but he just ran through the boards on the back side. But then he ran through another section of electric fence and released a bunch of other horses. So while my daughter caught them I called the sheriff back out.

I told the sheriff I felt the only thing to do was to shoot him as there wasn't a way to catch him at this point and he was dangerous running loose. We actually had lost him for a while only to find him back at his friends body sniffing him. The sheriff contact the humane society and they agreed that shooting him would be the best thing to do.

The sheriff contact his supervisor and he said it was ok but that I had to be the one to do it. I had loaned my pistol to a friend and didn't have any ammo for my shotgun. So the sheriff gave me two deer slugs. It was very sad and difficult to do what I had to do. Especially since he was standing over his dead friends body.

BalconyBelle replied to GuardSquealer's response:
((Hugs))

My sympathies for the tragedy Guard. I hope you'll heal cleanly; and I'm sorry it came down to such a horrible event.

darlyn05 replied to GuardSquealer's response:
Guard, BalconyBelle said it best, what a tragedy. My heart goes out to you and your family. Did you have any boken bones? I hope any injury is minimal. Are you or did you bury them on your property? What a gallant and noble friendship the two of them must have had.

darlyn05 replied to BalconyBelle's response:
BalconyBelle, I'm sorry to hear of your news. I hope you'll pull through quickly with some degree of ease. It helps to replace old memories with new ones. Let us know how you are doing.

Spotlight: Member Stories

simply put im 41 my wife's 38 we have been married 19 yrs. have three children monica-19, shawn-16, samantha-13, my wife has diabetes, acute bi-po...More

Helpful Tips

Sex Problems Contribute to Relationship Woes
80% of women find it difficult to orgasm during intercourse. 33% of men suffer from premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction problems. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.