Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Relationships
darlyn05 posted:
Has anyone felt or rather put a boundary in place pertaining to no contact with certain family members due to their lack of respect and honor towards you & your partner as a couple?

BalconyBelle responded:
Yes. My ex-fiance and I had a bit of a boundary in place when it came to his mom. She hated when the two of us were together, and despised me--I think she saw me as competition. We'd leave if she started in on us, or just plain tune her out, and avoided being around her because she couldn't leave us alone. That boundary was one of the main reasons we lasted as long as we did--we were a united front against her lack of respect for our relationship.
http://erynlockhart.wordpress.com

relationshipdj responded:
I remember a few years back one of my cousins have been having some problem with my girl and I made sure I set him straight and tell him to stop talking to her. Some times families don't get it and we have to let them know that we are not having it. I tell people that all the time whatever the problem is my spouse is always right until I get to the bottom of the problem because I am going to be the one living with her not my family. So make sure you peeps know that you are not willing to let them walk all over your girl/boy then you should be ok.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married for 9 yrs (together 10 yrs). We have five, almost (next one due Dec. 2010) six kids. So we lead busy lives at home. Work is the most peace and...More

Helpful Tips

my younger wife
my wife is 49 and im 59 years old . i feel low sex drive but she is a hot wife yet. making her satisfied how should i deal with her? More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.