Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
in-laws
zozo12 posted:
I recently got married and I cannot get along with my FIL. I try to be nice and it ALWAYS turns out badly. Its just the way he twists everything. I feel like it may be taking a strain on my marriage because when i try to tell my husband it seems like he dismisses it. I'm at the point right now to where I dont feel comfortable going to visit. If I dont show his family will take it personal and then there could be all kinds of drama, and I have enough of that already with my family and dont need anymore. With the holidays coming up I'm getting anxious because somehow "I" always manage to screw things up, not say something right or whatever. I have no problem with his family except for his dad.

queston responded:
You'll probably need to be more specific about what the issues are in order to get any meaningful advice about this. Can you give some specific examples?

Anon_596 responded:
Could your FIL have NPD? How is this straining your marriage? Who is saying this or is it just your gut feeling?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to DH since 2003. Four step-children, three step-grandsons & 1 step-granddaughter. Have a son and daughter with DH. Owned by two cats. I...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems Tip #2
Every sex problem, including premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction and being unable to orgasm appear to be one BIG problem, but they ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 7 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.