Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
LOOKING FOR LOVE.....
An_247925 posted:
WELL MY HUSBAND GOT KILLED LAST YEAR OUR SON IS 3 YRS OLD ... IM JUST SO LONELY ... I BEEN ON DATES BUT I KEEP TALKING BOUT HIM ON THEM .. ANYWAY WHERE DO I START IM SO READY FOR A RELATIONSHIP ... HELP I WANT A DATE

3point14 responded:
I'm so sorry you lost your husband. I can't imagine how hard it's been on you and your son.

I hate to be a downer, but if you find yourself talking about your husband to your dates, it probably means you're not quite ready for a relationship. While it's understandable that you want someone to fill that hole in your life, you need to be in a healthier state of mind for any relationship to have any kind of success.

Have you seen a grief counsellor? I don't think anyone could get over what you've lived through without some sort of professional help. Check your local churches or even phone book for support groups. You have to get to a point where the wound doesn't feel so fresh before you can start to move on from it. You've been through hell, but you deserve a happy life and to honor your husbands memory by helping your child have a happy life as well.

I wish you so much happiness and love, but don't rush yourself towards it. Get some professional help in dealing with your loss, and try to immerse yourself in the relationships you already have, with family, friends, and your son. I know none of those relationships could take the place of what a significant other could provide, but by fostering these relationships you will make yourself happier. People are attracted to happiness, and when you find yourself in a better place mentally, love will probably come more naturally.

Keep your head up, hun, and best of luck.

kisha252 replied to 3point14's response:
THANKS ALOT .... AND YEAH IM DOING GRIEF COUNSELLOR NOW AND IT IS HELPING ME ALOT TO DEAL WITH MY LOST....I JUST MOVED TO NC FOR A NEW START SO HOPEFULLY IT WORKS OUT KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS....

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Rachel, I'm 23 years old and have lived in KS my whole life :/ (I know...it's a sad thing) I have a wonderful boyfriend who I love ...More

Helpful Tips

my younger wife
my wife is 49 and im 59 years old . i feel low sex drive but she is a hot wife yet. making her satisfied how should i deal with her? More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.