Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Torn thinking about divorce
An_248186 posted:
I have been married for 8 years and now have 2 children. My husband has been angry, overly reactive, controlling and has made a point to speak about my insecurities to our neighbors, friends and families. He is critical in the way I handle the kids and in the same breath says that I'm a great mother. He has left our 4 year old home alone to go get our 6 year old off the bus and when I questioned him about this and told him to go back and get our son he said, "I was micro managing him." He drinks 2 larger rocks size glasses of vodka 4-5 times a week and is often not present (at others houses, on the computer, doing office work at home.) He is overly reactive if our child spills milk and once while camping he yelled at me (loudly so that others looked.) saying that he couldn't believe I had let our son go to the bathroom by a bush. (we had been driving for hours.) I feel like I've tolerated too much for for too long and am emotionally over it. I do not argue, I am overly sensitive to anger because of my family which he always complains about also. But I have guilt because of my children. Should I stay or should I go?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I would consider myself a fun person. I get into relationships easy. I have been with my current s/o for 11 1/2 years.

Helpful Tips

How to change my story
I went to my community profile and it would let me edit my picture and signature but would not let me change my story. I had just realized ... More
Was this Helpful?
135 of 144 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.